Peek Inside Our Home {Living Room Update}

Thursday, May 23, 2013


Ever since we moved into our house last April, our TV has been sitting on an old desk. Total buzz kill. 

Chris and I had talked about whether or not we wanted to invest thousands of dollars getting a built in entertainment center, buy a superrrr nice entertainment center, or chancing an IKEA entertainment center.

At the end of the day we realized we may have a few more years in this house until we move closer to Chris's work, and probably upsize because I will be dying for babies at that point. Real-talk. We thought that sinking thousands into an entertainment center that a) we might not be able to take with us if we got it built in, or b) might not have a spot at our future home, was not a good investment.


Enter in this three piece entertainment center from the one and only, IKEA! Chris is soooo skeptical of IKEA. He thinks it is cheap and doesn't want our home to look "collegish." After much (much) convincing, I got him on board!

We are absolutely thrilled with how it turned out!


I haven't quite gotten around to filling in all the frames...but congrats to that couple who, "together, has it all!"



We love that the three pieces are separate, so if there isn't room or a need for this entertainment center in our next house, we can split up the pieces and use them in different places throughout the house.



We went with a combination from the Hemnes family at IKEA. Since the pieces come separately  you can sort-of custom make how you want it to look.


Have you done any updates to your home lately? Do you have an entertainment center from IKEA? I would love to hear how it holds up throughout the years!

Happy Thursday!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous! Great decision.

    I have never been inside of an IKEA or have furniture from there. Our nearest one is 4 hours away! True story.

    And, that is funny about that frame. I even said to myself before I read the caption -"what a precious frame for a sweet couple!" HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I just need to finish mine!!!


    Like NOW.
    New couch needs to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love!!! Come help with my house, pretty please!! We are going to attempt the office this weekend (yay!).. it's been a junk room for almost a year now!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your house is gorgeous! I love how the entertainment center turned out! You would never guess that was from IKEA!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I'm painting our dining room tomorrow! (fingers crossed it turns out well!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable is your living room?! Love how the entertainment shelves turned out! Now come fly to Cali and do my living room. K thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, tell Chris to never knock IKEA again....this is the shizzzz nit!! Loving it and your cozy abode!! :) Hope to sit on that couch one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New reader here! When my husband and I moved into our house last year, we needed a very large bookcase (shelves) to fill up an empty wall in our living room. We decided to get one from Ikea (for the same reasons as y'all) and we LOVE it! I looks so perfect in our house and we didn't have to spend an arm and a leg for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.!
    Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete