I Thought I Saw A Shark: Gulf Shores

Thursday, May 30, 2013


I seriously thought I saw two sharks...and you can bet I was the crazy person sprinting through the water trying to get away from Jaws as quick as possible. 
I don't drink beer, but I had to get a picture of this.
Come to find out it was "just some stingrays," as Chris said. Yuuuhh, like that makes me feel better. Doesn't he know Steve Irwin died from a sting ray? I am not 'bout to take a chance. Call me a chicken, but I am not the biggest fan of swimming in the ocean.

Once a kid, always a kid. I love this man.
With that being said, our vacation was, as expected, wonderful. Who doesn't like waking up everyday, brushing your teeth (if you remember), stuffing your face with sugary cereal, and walking down to the beach for a full day of sun, sand, and relaxation. 


This was my first time to visit Gulf Shores and it was just as expected, beachy. To be completely honest though....I would drive the 100 extra miles and go back to Seaside, Florida. I went there for my senior trip after high school and the water was crystal blue and the town was so quaint and perfect. If I am going to the beach I really need the crystal clear water and Gulf Shores just didn't have that (maybe they do sometimes, but they didn't while we were there).

Our resort was perfect, though. It had different activities each night and numerous pools to swim in (when I had enough of the ocean!). Our condo had a beach and pool view and I could have stayed on that balcony forever if someone would have let me. 

The best part of the whole trip, okay I have two best parts, was eating the best crab of my life and jet-skiing in the ocean. I have had crab hundreds of times, but this crab, WOW, it was two crabby pounds of perfection and I scarfed every last bit of it. Usually I dunk each hunk in the melted butter, but this was seasoned so well that my hips got a break from me packing in the butter and I was able to enjoy the crab just as it was served! 

Chris and I, his sister, and her boyfriend.
Now for the jet-skiing. As I made clear above, I am not a fan of swimming in the ocean unless I can see what is about to eat me. Chris got strict orders (and maybe I threatened him a bit as well...) to not let me fall off the jet-ski under any circumstance. He came close once and I think I scared him enough for him to take me seriously. I got a good yell out when he proclaimed, "Babe! We hit 46mph." After I came down from the freaking clouds because he bounced me so high, I let him have it. Other than that, it was SO fun. I love the beach for about a day and then I need something active to do, and this was the perfect solution!!

Just me and Laurs being touristy...
Between the pina coladas, sleeping in, getting tan burnt to a crisp, and quality time with the love of my life and his family, I'd say this trip was a success!  

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and weekend!

PS: Come back Monday when I reveal some exciting news!! 
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun trip! I agree with the ocean, I have to be able to see what's about to eat me, otherwise I won't go in! Can't wait to hear the exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaahhhhh!!! Sharks!!!! and mmmm...Corona...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to look into this place. I can only enjoy so much brown water down here in south Texas. Hehe. Boys love to push the limits. He's lucky bc Michael would have bruises if he pulled that. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. the gulf shores are amazing. so amazing. Plus boys will ALWAYS be boys. I took my fiance to Hawaii and he was digging in the sand too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to be in Orange Beach! Love this post. So glad it wasn't sharks that you saw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time!! Ummm...exciting news?? I need to know!!

    ReplyDelete