Sauteed Shrimp over Pasta & Asparagus

Monday, May 6, 2013



Chris and I have decided we will try meal planning. Before last week we would just get home, talk and talk and talk about what we wanted for dinner, then eventually pull something together or eat out. (Boo to the last one)

After stalking numerous blogs and websites, I got together a handful of recipes I wanted to try. Armed with my list, I hit the isles of the grocery store running. 

A hit last week was this super-simple take on spaghetti. If you know Chris and I you know we Chris LOVES spaghetti. I love it, but Chris can stand to have it seven days a week if I let him. Not kidding. I was getting a little tired of the normal meat sauce, so I decided to make it healthy (all around - pasta and sauce) and have shrimp spaghetti instead!

I am really trying to make our home a tad bit healthier. We are guilty of downing Coke and having ice cream as an appetizer. Hey, sometimes we are a little impatient, okay?!

For the shrimp I bought frozen, already cooked shrimp. I forgot what brand, but they came in a bag. After thawing them I sauteed them in a little butter, garlic, and a random assortment of other herbs and spices. 

For the asparagus I baked them at 350 for about 20 minutes, then broiled them for about a minute. Before I put them in the oven I spread a little butter over the top of them, sprinkled on some garlic salt and pepper, then topped them with Parmesan cheese. Chris declared this was the "best asparagus ever" and kindly asked for me to never forget this recipe.  

I served the shrimp over organic tomato and basil spaghetti sauce and whole wheat noodles. 

It was quite delish if I do say so myself!


Have you ever made this version of spaghetti? Any suggestions for me? Lots of people mentioned using spaghetti squash. We have tried, but aren't completely sold on it. We just love our noodles :)

Linking up for Taste of Tuesday!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so glad you linked up with us!! And what a YUMMY meal! I can't wait to try this one! Love you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm! This looks so good! I've never though to add shrimp instead of turkey. We eat spaghetti once every two weeks so we definitely make it a lot! So glad you linked up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done zucchini noodles before. It was really really good. I didn't miss the noodles at all. It was a lot of work though because I didn't have a julienne tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That asparagus does look delicious! My husband is the same way with turkey sandwiches for lunch, he will eat the exact same thing every day. Drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I can't eat shrimp (stinkin' allergies!), but I'll have to try it with chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shrimp...pasta...asparagus...some of my favorite things in one..I gotta make this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks DELISH! I've got a lot of asparagus so I need to try this!
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sprimp and pasta and asparagus... oh my gosh. The deliciousness!! This looks SO GOOD!! Seriously, anything with shrimp is my favorite of all time ever.

    ReplyDelete