drink your water over the edge of the bed

Monday, May 20, 2013

  Friday started out with a visit to the Massey house. I can't ever pass up a date with this baby, her twin sister, and their momma.
Chris was golfing on Saturday morning so I got to enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee in bed with no interruptions. Except Wrigley can't ever keep his mouth shut :)
Saturday afternoon was spent with me besites getting pampered and then divulging in all the goodness the Taste of Addison had to offer.  
I have kept the color Lucky Lucky Lavender stocked in my cabinet for years now. Lately, though, I have seen everyone wearing it! It is still my fave. It's a perfect summer-time color! 
Texas didn't bother bringing the heat on Saturday afternoon. It was around 92! I know I was begging for it to get warmer, but in typical Texas fashion, we either have freezing cold weather, or burning hot weather. Let's just say my hair went into this ponytail approximately .25 seconds after we got out of the car. Luckily there were plenty of samples of margaritas to cool me off.
There were tons of restaurants from around the Dallas metroplex, but I decided on Manny's beef tacos for lunch. They did not disappoint!


Saturday night Chris and I had dinner with some friends and then I convinced him to take me to the mall to buy my tennis shoes I have been wanting for-ev-errrrr! I decided on these beauties! They are really more of a light mintish-blue color with a coral sole. I adore them, and so do my tooties. 


And now for my story. 

Saturday night, at approximately 1:45AM I woke up to go use the restroom. I got back into bed and reached for my glass of water to take a sip before sweetly difting off back into a slumber when all of a sudden Chris decided to roll over. He knocked the entire glass of water out of my hand and all over him and our bed. Explicit words were shouted as Chris (poor guy) shot out of bed and was now fully awake. He graciously went and grabbed a dry set of sheets, we made the bed, and everything was taken care of. 

The only problem was that I could not fall back asleep. I asked Chris if he would mind if I turned the TV on and he said he didn't mind...then two minutes later he said it was really bothering him. So, I went into the living room and ended up watching Say Yes to the Dress until 4:30AM. I have never stayed up that late in my entire life!

At that time I decided I should try to fall asleep so I went back into the bedroom and Chris's alarm clock went off at 5:00AM because he was covering a shift for the plant supervisor that day.

Needless to say my sleep schedule was whacked out all day. I ended up sleeping in until 9:30AM, thank goodness.

So, that was my lame story. Lesson learned: drink your water over the edge over the bed...

How was your weekend??

Linking up with LeeannSami and Meg! 

Photobucket
 

12 comments:

  1. What a bizarre story! I've done the same thing, but I spilt the water all over me instead.
    Thanks for the good laugh!

    xo
    Caroline

    lovecarolineblog.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had fun at Taste of Addison! That food looks delicious! We still need to plan our meet up, maybe we can meet at The Legacy sometime this summer?

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice sneaks!!!!!!

    don't fresh sneakers just put you in the best mood? i love getting new ones haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and Love it!
    Love & Blessings,
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH! Adorable baby alert! Looks like a pretty amazing weekend. Glad you had fun :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...your pampering makes me really wish I could go like tomorrow and THOSE shoes...I can't wait to see you put them to good use. I always buy cute tennies and then I worry about getting them dirty so I never run in them. Weirdo...I know. :) And your story sounds about like Michael and me except he just spills his water on the floor. Hope you catch up on your sleep my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun weekend! Those baby girls are too cute for words..All the time!! :) So happy you got a great graduation present..much deserved for sure! And my talons need a professional pedicure job done fo sho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I reallly like those shoes! I need new tennies, those may have to be my choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you get to see those sweet baby girls on the regular!! I die when I see them on the Insta!! And I need to scoop up some of the Lucky Lucky Lavender!!! So fun!! Annnnnd, watch out for that water and Chris's elbow next time!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete