Adventures in Hotlanta

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Remember when I went with Chris to Georgia for a conference he had? Oh, you don't remember? No worries, I hardly do either.

We stayed at the Omni at the CNN Center in downtown Atlanta. It was the perfect location with so much to do.

I toured the CNN Headquarters (which were attached to our hotel), the World of Coca-Cola, and the Georgia Aquarium.

You could only take pictures in certain areas of the CNN Center, so today I am showing you the World of Coca-Cola and the few pics I have of the CNN Center. The Georgia Aquarium deserves a post of its own!

Oh emm geee. If anyone knows me and my fam-bam, they know we LOVE our Coke. I was basically in soda heaven.

Oh and just for the record, I toured all these places by myself. Some people are not comfortable going places by themselves, but me, I really enjoy some alone time with me, myself, and I :)

Here are some pictures from my trip, if you would like to see...


Here goes the beginning of a lot of "selfies." Yay, for me.



The Red Hat Ladies kept me company. We are riding up the world's longest free standing escalator. It goes up eight stories!



In the picture above is the CNN Center. Where all those people are there used to be an ice skating rink. They got rid of that and instead made it a food court. This was so convenient because I never had to leave the hotel to go get food. And an added bonus; there was a delicious ice cream place. They had the best Banana Pudding Ice Cream. I might have had it three times, but don't tell anyone, okay?


This was in the entrance to the World of Coca-Cola. I adored all the colors and uniqueness of all the bottles.



The item above is the oldest Coca-Cola piece in their museum. Wayyy back when, the Coke syrup was in the bowl at the top. Customers would buy cups of carbonated water and the pharmacist would dispense one ounce of syrup into the carbonated water. Bam, Coke. If you wanted ice cold Coke, each ice cube was $.01. That's right, you had to pay for ice. Once cup of Coke was $.05.







This here, ladies and gents, is Coca-Cola heaven. Welcome to the tasting room, home to over 60 different flavors of Coke products from around the world. Let's just say I was on a major sugar high when I left this place. 



This was my favorite Coke product from around the world. Smart Apple is found in China! Yum!


They warned us that the Beverly was the most talked about soda. No freaking kidding, that shizzz was nasty!! After I fell victim to the gross-ness of that Italian beverage, I hung out in that area to witness the hilarious reactions other people had. It was quite entertaining. Has anyone ever tried this? If you think it is good I am going to have to say you have no taste buds.



This will always be my numero uno.



You got to pick your own Coke as you walked out. They were bottled right there in the heart of the World of Coca-Cola!

So there ya have it. My trip to Atlanta was a success just based off of this post. But stick around for a tour of the most amazing aquarium I have ever been to!

Have you ever been here?? Did you like it? 

Have a great day!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This is by far my favorite place to visit when in Atlanta!!! It is just such a cool atmosphere and building. And I totally agree--the Beverly is the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! That's neat that they have all the sodas from around to world for you to try out.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Atlanta, it looks like so much fun! And that Coca Cola?! How crazy! My husband would be in heaven :)

    xoxo Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO so fun! I've been to the Coke museum but I was really young and would love to go back. Do they still have the fountains that shoot Coke out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. so rad! i have always wanted to go to atalanta! what great photos!

    ReplyDelete