WIWW: Little White Dress + Link Up!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013








A little white dress and boots. Nothing simpler, yet so perfect for a Texas summer night. Add a cardigan and leggings for when it gets cooler.

For teaching, I found out we can wear jeans three days a week and the other two days have to be business casual. I can't wait to turn dresses like this one, and this one, into fall staple pieces as it cools off. Boots, leggings, and a cardigan are going to become my new best friends.

Speaking of my new job, it's awesome. Yesterday as I sat in my empty classroom I was overcome with joy knowing that in a few short days I will be fulfilling my dream of becoming a teacher. It is jaw-dropping to think I went from public accounting to teaching all within a summer. If that isn't a blessing, I don't know what is!

GET THE LOOK:


Wednesday randoms:

- It is tough going from sleeping in and moving at your own pace all day, to teacher training! But, I wouldn't trade it for the world!
- Chris and I got invited to a destination wedding in Aruba. We are definitely contemplating it, I just don't know if Aruba would be my first choice. All I think of when people say Aruba is women getting abducted...
- Chris and I started Insanity on Sunday. It is kicking our bass like no other.
 
- I am over the heat. Bring on the cooler temps, Texas.
- I post my first VLOG on Monday. I promise if I ever do another one I will say "ummm" less and it won't be 17 minutes of precious time wasted. 
Now for the link up!!

RULES
- All I ask is you link back to my blog and link to a specific post!!  
(some people have been forgetting this lately and, to be honest, it is really disrespectful. 7 out of 21 bloggers linked back to me last week. I will be deleting your post if you don't respect my one and only rule. Thanks!)

- Write about something fashion related (accessories, shoes, modeling, make-up, etc.)
And if you're feeling up to it, you can follow me:

Instagram @SarahTuckerUp
Twitter @MrsSarahTucker

Follow on Bloglovin

Happy Wednesday!

To see other WIWW posts, click {here}


Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Love the cowboy boots paired with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable in that dress and cowboy boots! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty!!! I am so jealous of your move from accounting to teaching. Hopefully I can do the same in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are beautiful! you really do have the best hair, i must say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved have a principal that let us dress honestly how we wanted as long as it was professional looking. Just means you should have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are honeymooning in Aruba next month! My mom was worried about the kidnapping thing too until I reminded her that that dude got caught after killing another girl, in another country, and that he would obviously not be on the island during our stay. Maybe that will calm your fears as well.. :)

    Soooooo looking forward to having my toes in the sand! I say you guys should GO!

    -Kate
    www.theflorkens.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too stinkin' cute today! Cowboy boots and a dress are one of my favorite combos. Brave girl for doing Insanity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!!!! Super simple and romantic/chic all at the same time! :) I have a white dress but it wouldn't look good with boots. I think maybe if I had some sort of chunky belt it would. I've never even worn the dress. Womp Womp. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute Southern look my friend! You are going to be the best styled teacher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit. Love the simplicity and style! Also the photo of you in the doorway is excellent!
    You can see my WIWW outfit at Olivia Cleans Green blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are gorgeous! I love cowboy boots with a little white dress. Perfection, in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this look...and great photos? (was chris your photographer?) And yes one summer and major change and your dream. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SARAH!!!!!!!! You did it!!!!! You went and took photos somewhere!!! GIRL, you look AHHHHHH-mazing!! Love them all!! And yipppeeeeeee about starting your new chapter!! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute outfit! I am all about cute white dresses and boots. That is definitely my go to in Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love that dress on you! The place you took all your pictures is perfect, too! Gorgeous lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hot Dang Girl!!! these photos are rocking, I am seriously obsessed!! You look more than beautiful! love you!!!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang why are your photos so awesome!? I'm such a newbie, turns out I need a professional camera and photog to up the ante with my WIWW. What, an iPhone camera isn't good enough? haha!

    So awesome that you get to wear jeans 3 days as a teacher! I have seriously contemplated doing I Teach Texas sooo many times it's not even funny. I'm going to have to read back on your blog to find out how you changed directions and got into teaching! Also I'd love to know what district you are teaching in...

    Super long-winded today, sorry! Happy Wednesday, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have such pretty eyes girl! These pics are so cute, I LOVE that purple door!! A white dress and boots is such a no fail combination, darling!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi I just found your blog through the Pleated Poppy. My boyfriend is also starting his career as a teacher this school year. How exciting! And his future sis-in law is also an accountant changed to teacher =) I love your outfit and it's great that you're allowed to wear jeans three days of the week. Where we live they're only allowed on Fridays. I just started my blog and my first post was about my outfits from my trip to Las Vegas I invite you to stop by and take a look =) Take care!

    -Edna
    http://ednasonset.blogspot.com/2013/08/welcome-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE LOVE LOVE this look!!! And especially the hair!! I'm obsessed with your layers! I'll be showing it to my hair dresser at my next appointment.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are adorable. Love the dress with boots!!! I'll be thinking of you as you start teaching your kiddos. I bet you are having so much fun decorating your classroom. Post pics when it's complete. I bet it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this look! So thankful for all the goodness you've had happen this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute!! And very Texas. :) Also, congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one of the cutest looks I've seen in a while! Reminds me of Texan bestie! She took her bridal portrait pics in her gown and cowboy boots...It was adorbs!

    ReplyDelete