WIWW: Maxi from day to night + link up!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013





Seriously? Who doesn't love a good maxi dress? Loose, flowy, flattering on most body types, and simple. Simple, simple, simple. I think every girl needs a black maxi in her closet. Maxi's for 'merica, y'all!

Did I really just say that? Embarrassing. Anyways, here is how you can transition a maxi from day to night. I would normally add wedges to dress it up even more, but I was apparently too lazy to walk ten steps in the door to my closet and make the switch, so...ya.

Obviously I am delirious from all this teaching hoopla going on, but I cannot express how excited I am to start this school year! Driving home today I was thinking about how I have never been this excited for a job in my life. And I have never left work at six at night wishing I could stay longer. Work-life balance usually wins, but I am amazed how happy I am when I am in my classroom. I was never that happy sitting at my desk for 16 hours a day during my life as an accountant. It has been the biggest blessing to get out of stinky ole accounting :)

Randoms:

- Yesterday I mentioned how I would be posting a delicious recipe last night. I lied...it will be posted tomorrow. Sawwryyy.

- I cannot wait to show y'all my classroom! It is adorable and sports themed. Does that surprise anyone?

- My brother already secured an amazing job working for the stats department at his university. The boy loves sports, and has the brains for stats, so this is such a blessing. Did I mention school hasn't even started already and he already secured this position? The boy constantly amazes me. 

- My bedtime went from midnight to nine within one week....which made that five a.m. wake-up call not so painful. Chris is happy because now we are on the same sleep schedule. I, on the other hand, am not happy because I am missing all my shows!

Now for the link up!!

RULES
- All I ask is you link back to my blog and link to a specific post!!  
(some people have been forgetting this lately and, to be honest, it is really disrespectful. 7 out of 21 bloggers linked back to me last week. I will be deleting your post if you don't respect my one and only rule. Thanks!)

- Write about something fashion related (accessories, shoes, modeling, make-up, etc.)
And if you're feeling up to it, you can follow me:

Instagram @SarahTuckerUp
Twitter @MrsSarahTucker

Follow on Bloglovin

Happy Wednesday!

To see other WIWW posts, click {here}

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. 9 o'clock sounds like a good time to go to bed when you have to get up at 5. Last night I went to sleep at 10...and even that felt a little too late when the alarm went of at 5 this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you this week with in-service. Looking forward to seeing pics of your room! Maxi dresses are my uniform. I love the transition that you did with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What grade are you teaching? Good luck with your school year! I agree....I do love a great maxi dress. And no worries about the flats for night time...I love flats with a maxi for a night outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a sports theme and I think the boys loved it because usually when they are with girl teachers they get girly stuff. I think the girls were more like "what?" when they saw hockey pucks and baseballs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few maxis but it appears I need a plain black one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well aren't you just a gorgy tall drink of water in this dress?? And your hat wearing skills are like the belt...I WISH I could pull off a fedora the way you can...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an amazing transformation, love it both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes 9:00?! I couldn't do it if I tried! I'm lucky if I'm even in bed at midnight haha. But its great to have a job you love! It makes all the difference in the world.
    I love how you can just add a cute hat to this dress and it looks perfect for a beach day or the farmer's market and it can totally be dressed up too. Such a great piece to have.
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. Love this list. And can't wait to see your class room. I have a 9pm bedtime. IT's AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so adorable! I love the maxi miss, my post is similar to this tooo!! Anyways glad you are so excited for school I cant wait to hear all about it! Good luck Mrs. Tucker!!!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  11. And, well, you're basically STUNNING!!!!!!!! Please do a tutorial on how to put your hair in the perfect bun! Your hair always looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you can see, my sleep schedule is so out of whack! It's freaking 1:15 AM!!! GEESH! I am gonna be in for a rude awakening come Monday!! So happy you are happy! Can't wait to see your classroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dream of the day I figure out what I want to do when I grow up and get myself out of accounting! Good for you! So happy you've found it! I am excited to follow along and see how it goes!

    xoxo Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the hat you paired with the maxi. it just adds a cute unique flair. good luck when the school year starts!

    ReplyDelete