Days 7-12: What I Am Thankful For

Monday, November 12, 2012


Day 7: I am thankful for my Daddy. Yes, no matter how old I get he will always be my "Daddy." November 7th is his birthday and there isn't a more deserving man than him. He is my best bud, and will always shoot me straight. I will always be your little girl. Love you!


Day 8: I am thankful for being able to purchase a home with my amazing husband. Through God, prayer, and a whole lotta number crunchin' we were able to purchase our dream starter home. I constantly have to pinch myself to realize that we are homeowners. Eeek! Decorating it has been oh so fun!


Day 9: I am thankful for my puppies, Wrigley and Bailey. Gosh they literally make my heart melt all. the. time. No matter what they do (like dig a whole under our fence into our neighbors yard - so sorry Grant and Amber!) their faces are so innocent and they are like my children. It is scary to think I could love two four-legged goobers as much as I love those little mutts! Imangine when I have human children...oh my heart will be so big!  


Day 10: I am thankful for growing up in the country. As much as I could never move back to my teeny-tiny town (having Starbucks and a mall a couple miles away is something I refuse to give up), I will always appreciate the small town feel. Friday night football games and dirt roads will always feel like home, but sometimes you have to move on to bigger and better things. I will always be thankful for that little town that shaped me into the person I am today.

Day 11: I am thankful for my college education. I think graduating college in three years may have been a little too quick (stretch it out people! the real world is not all it is cracked up to be!), but I am blessed to have had the opportunity to obtain a wonderful education and go on to pursue my master's degree.


Day 12: I am thankful for growing up with all four of my grandparents. Although my Meme is no longer with us, I have still gotten to share my life with four of the greatest people to ever walk the face of the earth. Some people never get to meet all their grandparents, so I am BEYOND blessed to have had over two decades with all four of mine.

3 comments:

  1. You have so much to be thankful for, for sure! Congratulations on being homeowners! Puppies make the best children :) Finally, I too had the chance to grow up with all 4 Grandparents. It is so amazing to remember all of the special memories we all share together! Hope you had a good day Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog and I love it. The picture of you and your dad is so sweet. Dads are the best- and it sounds like you have an amazing one!

    ReplyDelete