Pinterest Told Me To Cook It

Monday, November 12, 2012


I have been on a Pinterest Told Me To kick because of Sheaffer's blog and I have realized that with Pinterest making my outfit and meal decisions, life is so much easier! Seriously, I wake up in the mornings, look at outfits I have pinned, go to my closet, and get dressed. Then for dinner I pull up my Pinterest and decide on a meal. Simple as that.

I pinned this chicken recipe a long time ago and finally decided to make it. Well when you click on the source it takes you to an unavailable site. Whomp whomp. Determined that not be a roadblock, I looked at the picture and made my own version. Here is my recipe:

Pinned Image
Picture on Pinterest

- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- butter
- seasoning
- 2 packages of string cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of milk
-Breadcrumbs

Call me crazy, but doesn't that picture look like they are rolling string cheese in chicken?! So that is exactly what I did...if anyone has the original recipe pa-leaseee let me know!

I started by tenderizing my chicken by pounding pretty thin. Then I spread a very thin layer of butter on top of the chicken in order to help the seasoning stick. I used salt, pepper, garlic salt, and other random seasonings. After that I cut my string cheese in half and placed one half on each chicken breast and rolled it up, just like the picture. I secured it with toothpicks.


Once they were rolled up, I dipped them in my egg and milk mixture. I placed them in a baking dish and coated them with breadcrumbs.


After all sides were coated, I baked them for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.


They were so good! Chris was so impressed with my "stuffed chicken." He didn't even realize how easy it was, or that it was stuffed with string cheese!

Have you ever made a delicious recipe from Pinterest? Have you ever made THIS recipe from Pinterest?! I'd love to have the original recipe!


2 comments:

  1. These look sooooooooooooo good! And the original picture looks like butter to me, but your string cheese idea is SO MUCH BETTER!
    Thanks for the shout out!
    Sheaffer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! How did I cook or get dressed before Pinterest? I'm really not sure it happened...

    ReplyDelete