Pork, Rice, and Gravy

Monday, July 30, 2012


Chris's Mom, Terry, and sister, Lauren, came over last Thursday to hangout and have dinner (His Dad was in Colorado, so he missed out!). Chris and I have been loving our Crock-Pot that we got for our wedding (Thank you Tony and Leann!). For this occasion I decided to throw together a pork, rice, and gravy concoction. I based it off of this recipe.

Here is the recipe I used:
  • 1 package of boneless pork, country style ribs
  • 1 package of onion soup mix
  • 1 package of brown gravy mix
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups of beef broth
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
Place the pork at the bottom of the Crock-Pot. Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl and pour over the pork. Cook on low for 6 1/2 hours.

I served it over rice and it was to die for.

Chris's family has their own secret recipe for pork, rice, and gravy, so I was nervous about their reaction. They loved it! His mom even wanted the recipe!

Do you make pork, rice, and gravy? What is your recipe?!

No comments:

Post a Comment