Painting and a Nice Surprise...

Monday, July 23, 2012


Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Friday night I went to a dear friend's bachelorette party in Dallas. We went to Painting With a Twist, out to Primo's for dinner and drinks, and then back to the hotel. Saturday we laid out at the pool all day. Ahhh, it was so relaxing. I chose not to go out the next night because I was exhausted from the work week and wanted to get home to my hubby.


  
As I was driving home Saturday I called Chris and let him know I was on my way. He informed me that he "might or might not have hung some things on the wall while I was gone." Now, we have not hung much on the walls because I wanted to paint first, plus we don't have any decoration/pictures that I really want to hang...so I was instantly in "Oh Gosh!" mode.




When I got home I was instructed to not open the garage and call Chris so he could let me in the front door. He excitedly came outside, led me to the doorway, covered my eyes, and led me in. I was thinking, "What did he hang that is so suspenseful?!" As he placed me in the corner of the room and uncovered my eyes, I was delighted to see that my sweet husband, who HATES painting, had painted our living room! We had been talking about hiring someone to do it, but hadn't gotten around to it. The delight on his face was so adorable. I had already picked out the paint, so he had brought the sample to the store and gotten the paint and painted for hours in order to surprise his wife. Wow am I lucky!

Yes, we did have to do a second coat, but he is a prince for getting the ball rolling! I was so excited that he hadn't hung anything on the walls and, instead, painted our living room. Now we can get to hangin'!

Another great surprise: we got our curtains in! We bought the fabric last week (as I mentioned here), and they were ready to be picked up Saturday. We had some major living room changes this weekend; paint on the walls and custom curtains hung! Woo hoo!


I also wanted to mention the TV cabinet redo that is a work-in-progress. Here is a picture of a similar dresser to the one we are currently redoing:


Here is a picture of the one currently in our living room:


As you can see it is clearly not finished. We want to take out the top three drawers and make them open so we can put the DVR box, etc inside. We also need to get knobs for the other drawers...just not enough time in the day!

I will keep updating y'all on the living room as it comes together.

What did y'all do this weekend?! Paint?! Hang curtains?!

No comments:

Post a Comment