HUGE house news...

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Circa April 2012. Our first home :)
So remember back when I told y'all about that house Chris and I fell in love with? (click here and here if you don't remember...) And then we found out a couple days later that the house had a total of ten offers
(after being on the market one day...) and we came in second to a cash offer? And basically we cried like babies because our "dream house" had been taken by people who had hundreds of thousands of dollars of cash? And remember how I told y'all we submitted our offer as a backup offer just in case those rich cash people decided to take a hike?

Well, I'm not going to say that Chris and I didn't drive by the house and do weird voo-doo (totally kidding, maybe), and I'm not going to say we prayed their deal would fall through (Lord, please forgive me)...all I'm going to say is that God wanted us to have that house because...

WE GOT IT!

How, you ask? Long, and longer, story shortshortshort. 

We were really bummed we got beat out, but we had no choice but to keep looking. We put an offer on another house the following weekend and we got beat out and I posted this post about being at my breaking point with this whole process.

Then last Monday, February 3rd, we went and saw a house on a golf course that was nice and doable, but not our favorite. We loved the location, and the house wasn't bad at all, it just didn't 'speak' to us. We made an offer.

Tuesday, February 4th, I call our agent to see if she has heard anything back about our offer and for once in our offering life it freaking gets accepted, as long as we can change our closing date. But there was a wrench thrown into the process...

Our agent tells us that before we say yes to the golf course offer she must let us know that our dream house is coming back on the market for whatever reason that I didn't even care to hear. All I heard was that we were going to be able to get our dream house!!

I immediately told her to cancel that other offer and by 9:45pm that night (last Tuesday) we were under contract on the home we fell in love with!

To say this process has been overwhelming is an understatement. 

We had the inspection done yesterday and there looks to be nothing to worry about, and the appraisal came back good to go, soooooo...it looks like the #tuckermove2014 will be taking place March 1-2nd!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I wanted to spill the beans earlier, but we wanted to get the inspection and appraisal out of the way and now it looks as though we are in the clear. Now we better get ot packin'. Like for real...any takers?

Happy Thursday!

Photobucket

32 comments:

  1. I WANT TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS SO YOU KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM FOR YOU ALTHOUGH I'VE DONE LOTS OF YELLING ALREADY WITH YOU. So stinking happy for you sweet friend. YAY for Tucker move 2014 and getting that dream house. I just knew it would all work out! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's so exciting! I don't think much more is stressful than house hunting and offers. Happy moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! Yay!!!! That's amazing news!! Can't wait to see and hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That is so exciting! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYY!!! I am so glad it all worked out :) I had a feeling it would!!! You will have to post pictures when you are all moved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats lady!! That's the same weekend me & CV are moving into our first house!!! (Failed to mention anything about buying a house on the blog yet....obviously, we've had more important things to tackle first....but I'll blog about it soon!) Congrats again, so excited you have your dream house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my gosh! That is so, so exciting! Congrats many times over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaaaay!!!!! Now, when should I book my trip to see this dream home? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoop! Whoop!! Congrats to you & Chris!! So, so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!! Congrats!! Everything happens for a reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so exciting! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is a great story you will remember about your dream home forever! I am so happy it ended up being the one you wanted all along! Excited to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wooohoooo!!!! ok once you move in I am coming to visit!! love you & couldn't be more happy for you!

    xxS
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  14. yayayaayayayyyy!!! SO EXCITING! I am so happy for you and Chris! This is just too exciting! I can't wait to finally see the dream house! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I love stories like that! The Lord totally threw that door WIDE open for you!!! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is SO exciting! Congrats! We are hoping to buy our first house sometime in the next year...let's hope we don't hit any big bumps:-\ I am so happy it worked out for y'all though! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOOHOOOO!! what a relief that the appraisal and inspection came back in the clear! congrats!! That is such great news for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's awesome! I'm jealous and excited for you at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soo soon!! Congrats!!! Can't wait to see more of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, Sarah!! My friends went through that last year-- they put offers on at least 60 houses and kept getting rejected because of cash offers. It's ridiculous! I hope you love your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, next post....pictures of the new pad!! Ia m so happy for you guys!! I told you it would all work out and not to settle! Congrats!! Happy packing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO EXCITING!!!!!! Moving is SO STRESSFUL but so fun. Congrats ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is great news. I am so happy for you guys. Cannot wait to see the new house. Though the picture of your old house (from the outside) shows us that it is stunning. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your new house! I can only imagine how pressured you were when you didn’t have a home to move into by the end of February. Well, it’s really nice to see that you got the house that you loved. Enjoy your new house, Sarah! :)

    Leslie Myers

    ReplyDelete