WIWW: Industrial + House Update + Link Up

Wednesday, January 29, 2014








Jeans: option here on sale, here // Gap top: similar here, here // Sperry boots: exact here
On Sunday, after we made an offer on our dream house, we had to stop by Chris's work. Remember how I said he is getting more important at work and that is the main reason we have to move closer...? Well, being more important means that you have to go in on weekends because the plant you are in charge of is having, and I quote, "problems."

While I sat in the car because Chris said he would only be "twenty minutes," I had the lovely view of the plant he is in charge of. Then it got me thinking how cool it would be to do my WIWW (What I Wore Wednesday, for those of you who have been recently asking!) pictures with the building in the background. When Chris finally came back out to the car (an hour and a half later...) I suggested we do my pictures in the parking lot. He was all in with the idea, as most fashion-blogger-husbands are...until he was in eyesight of some of his workers. Then he got really embarrassed and declared the shoot "a wrap." 

Luckily I told you this really long, unimportant story about these pictures, and now your life will be forever changed. Nawwwt.

Let's move on, shall we?

In other news - the house we fell in love with Sunday had around ten offers by Monday and we came in at number two...right behind an all cash offer. Cash is king and I am a pheasant. We did submit our offer as a backup, so fingers crossed the other people take their cash elsewhere. Buh-bye people with hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash. Go find another house. In the meantime, we are looking at the option of building. Another long and pointless story short, we are still on the house hunting roller coaster and will be homeless on March 1st if this ride doesn't end soon.

Since this post isn't random enough, let's add more.

- One of the co-anchors for WFAA in Dallas, Cynthia Izaguirre, came to our school yesterday to do a "Futures Talk" with our girls (the boys have a different speaker). For anyone in the Dallas area, you probably know who Cynthia Izaguirre is. I watch her every morning on Channel 8 while getting ready for school and so it was a cool experience getting to listen to her talk. She is super sweet! She asked me to take pictures of her for the morning broadcast, so my pictures will be shown on the air between 6am and 7am this morning...late notice, I know!

- Explaining sedimentary rock to kids who's first language is not English is like English speakers trying to read Chinese. You just get a lot of blank stares. 

- I have gotten asked by three different teachers this week if I am losing weight. I told them yes, and if they want the diet plan it is called the "selling your house/buying a new one" plan. There will be a meal plan app available very soon! (And, no, I am not drastically losing weight, nor is it my intention too...just kinda stressed!)

Okay, I am all out of random. Hold back the tears, please.

Now for the link up!
RULES
- All I ask is you link back to my blog and link to a specific post. 

- Write about something fashion related (accessories, shoes, modeling, make-up, etc.)
And if you're feeling up to it, you can follow me:

Instagram @SarahTuckerUp
Twitter @MrsSarahTucker
Follow on Bloglovin

Happy Wednesday! 

Thank you for linking up!

To see other WIWW posts, click {here}

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Um LOVE the building as a backdrop! I may have to steal your idea. I don't know if I can convince Troy or not :) Oh! Are you taping the news segment? I really want to see it. Hope you have an amazing day! Thanks for hosting us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate hate hate all this house stuff for you friend. I will hold out hope that you guys will get the house of your dreams and there will be no more stress. In other news you are rocking those boots and I love the background. Smart woman you are for sneaking that in while he was working. Hope today is better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo wish I was a stress NON-eater instead of a stress gorger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl!! Fingers crossed for you. We are buying a house too and I am stressed but I feel like I'm just eating more and gaining more haha!! Love your little industrial photoshoot :)

    XO Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love hearing random stories!! Its great to get to know more about bloggers day to day life! You look gorgeous in the photos and it really is such a cool backdrop! Thanks for hosting the link-up!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the house stuff! I remember those days... not too fun, until your offer gets accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah! Take your cash somewhere else people! My guest room needs to be stocked and ready for when I visit! Haha..fingers crossed for your friend. Would guys rent if you are waiting for a house to be built? P.S - gimme those grey jeans...they are exactly the shade I have been hunting for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of taking your photos there, they look so neat and unique! And my Hubby is the same way. He gets embarrassed so easily taking my pics when other people are around. More embarrassed than me! Haha. Crossing my fingers that everything works out with your house-hunting!!

    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crossing my fingers HARD for you guys! The house we got had 5 offers in the first day on the market, too. Don't get your hopes up, though, you'll find something OR get to build your dream home!

    I'll keep my ears open if I hear of anything coming on the market in the area. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed that those cash cows go elsewhere! Although as you know, it's in God's hands and maybe building is meant for you or some other perfect option. That's part of the fun of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, loving the back drop...too funny that Chris wrapped it up real quick when co-workers came around. Hang in there with the house hunting...if it's meant to be, it's meant to be....you guys will find something...and eat, my friend...chips and queso always help me with my stress....and a big marg!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your backdrop is so fun. Very cool and industrial :) Good luck on the house hunting adventure, the BF and I are just starting our own hunt!

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the house!! We just found a rental for our next duty station, and that was stressful enough for me, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha with your randomness. LOL Good luck with your future home. House-hunting is tough.

    You look great for your little industrial shoot. Love the tee, gold jewels in your hand and especially your Cognac Booties. J'adore!!

    For the first time ever, I hosted a link up on my blog yesterday. We featured leggings, boots & booties. Please stop by and link this Outfit. I'd hope to see you there.

    Thank you and enjoy the rest of your week, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a supportive husband, Sarah. Good thing you were able to get enough shots before anyone came around. Anyway, it’s been a while since your last house-hunting update. Have you bought the house? Thanks for sharing your random adventures, by the way. :D

    Bruce Edward Schwartz

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like those pictures. I have been on the hunt for jeans that are that grey color for I do not know how long. I randomly found some in a shop about 6 years ago but those are too big for me now. The strange thing that happens is that I fluctuate between weights in a pretty severe way.

    Jefferson @ T.J. Lamb Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  17. When we stopped by the local realty office when we were searching for our first home, I didn't realize you basically are given to the realtor that first grabs you. I know they all are supposed to be professionals, I just wish I had the chance to find someone who had a personality like we did because this was going to be a long relationship.

    Josef @ Coral Shores Realty

    ReplyDelete