House hunting...

Sunday, January 26, 2014

As I mentioned last week, Chris and I are moving closer to our jobs. And, to say it has been a whirlwind is an understatement. I wrote that post Wednesday night, we got a great offer that night, and were sold, again, by Saturday night. Prayers that this deal goes through!

Being that we are 'homeless' come the end of February, this weekend was focused on the search for the Tucker's next humble abode. Saturday morning we woke up eager to tour a bunch of houses. The day was full of potentials, but nothing that spoke to us. You know, houses speak, right? Some of them whispered, but none were like "buy me!"

In between our house hunt we stopped at a pizza place in the middle of a neighborhood, and who do I run in to? Celeste! Her and I had emailed Friday because we both live in the same area, both are selling our homes, and both are moving to the same area. It was so surreal to run into her the day after we had a long email conversation about how we need to meet for coffee. By the way, her son is as adorable as you've imagined! Precious!


Saturday night we got home and, in 2014 fashion, signed the sales documents for our house on our iphone...all from the comfort of our home. 

Sunday I did my normal one-eyed wake up routine where I lay in bed and check emails...with the one eye that is working every morning. We had gotten an email that a home with all our requirements came available. Long story short...we got an appointment, saw it, lovedlovedloved it, offered over asking for it, and now we are waiting...impatiently I might add. We really want it, but know it is not in our hands!

So, now it is Monday morning and I am going to be a nervous wreck all day until I hear something. Luckily I have 19 little cherubs (wishful thinking) to keep me entertained until I hear the news!

PS: My brother had to start a blog for one of his communications classes at Texas State. He is a phenomenal writer and incredibly witty. Did I mention he was Salutatorian of his graduating class and quarterback, point guard, and a star baseball player for his high school? Well, he has chosen to write his blog about Bobcat baseball and if you have time to kill, or know a man in your life who wants to keep up with college baseball, direct them to my brother's new blog: Take Me Out To The Ballgame.

Happy Monday! 

Linking up with Life of Meg, and Leeann Kimberlee!

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. I know that it will work out how it is suppose to! Count me in as an extra hand to help you move. hehe Can't wait to see where the next few weeks take y'all. If all else fails, just come live with me. Michael won't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for y'all!!! I can't wait to see the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! I read my emails with ONE EYE in the morning too!! haha....both eyes are always blurry...one eye is always so much clearer! Hilarious! :) Good luck on the new place...we have a "pending" sale on a house right now too! (Inspection is tomorrow.....fingers crossed it all goes well!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything works out for you with the house! :) How fun that you met up with a "new friend" on Saturday! Now you have me wanting pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited that you guys found "the one"!!! Fingers crossed that it all works out! You weren't kidding, this is sooooo stressful. I'm a nervous wreck!

    It was SO much fun to run into you on Saturday....now we've got to plan an official coffee date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeeep! Anxiously waiting the hear the news! I hope you guys get your dream home in the 'burbs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEK! Crossing my fingers & praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - how exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! Prayers for you guys - I can't wait to see your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, Charlotte's housing market needs to get on Dallas' level!!! My husband and I are hoping to sell sometime this summer but I'm expecting a LONG road of waiting before we can put up a sold sign. I'll be sure to say a little prayer for your offer and inspections!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! God works in mysterious ways. Hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the house! I know how stressful waiting to hear can be, so I'm hoping you hear something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is crazy fast how everything is moving! I looked for my house FOREVER! Hope it all works out that they accept your offer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband thinks I'm crazy when I say houses speak to us. I'm not going to just buy a house because the price is right, I have to vision myself living in it. So our hunt is still ongoing...and probably will be for awhile! Good luck with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeeee! Hoping this works out! If so, this may be the fastest selling and buying of houses in history, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. any news yet???? text me!!! keep me posted!!! and your brother started a blog?? god bless texas state!!! now you guys can discuss upcoming posts!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much exciting news and big things for you sweet guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on finding your new home! At least you won’t experience any trouble going to your workplace since it's going to be accessible, right? But I wish we could hear more updates from you!

    Raquel Fowler

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi
    Nice one! I like the outfit of the characters. Wish i could do the same thing too but im not that techie.i like the outfit of “from farmer to warden”.. really interesting green home construction

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that was a fast process! It's amazing how technology can improve what used to be a long-haul endeavour of house selling and purchase. Did you hire help for the selling, or did you do it all by yourself? BTW, I hope you've found the humble abode which spoke the right words to you.

    Chad Hovde @ BestCollegeStationHomeSearch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have an agent help us. She helped us buy our last house as well! We adore her! We are moving into the new house next weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  20. It is amazing how fast one can buy and sell your home today with the aid of technology. Deals like yours are closed in no time at all. In just a short space of time you will have moved all your belongings and settled in to your new location. Technology allows you to select one home from the comfort of another. Professional movers can come in and pack your belongings, transport them to your new home and unpack them for you. This type of service can relieve much of the stress of moving home.
    Even though your original reason for relocating was to be closer to work, you'll now find a number of reasons why you chose this particular house. There are always some features that you never had at the old house, but that you don't know how you managed without for so long.

    Elton Rousseau @ Hancock Lettings and Estate Agents

    ReplyDelete