WIWW: Plaid Scarf + Link Up

Wednesday, January 1, 2014









Today is the day. Today is one year since I started my resolution of no shopping. What a year it has been and I am proud to show off some items that Santa brought me! 

The scarf and grey long-sleeved tee are from Gap and bought with our points from our Banana Republic credit card, so even Santa was a savvy shopper. These Sperry boots were heavily on sale because of a store going out of business. I was thrilled to help Santa out and save him a trip to the mall.

Now that it is all said and done, moving forward I have decided to continue with some sort of shopping freeze. I have been tossing around some ideas and I am thinking of allowing me one item per month. And, if I don't buy anything in January, then that means for February I can buy two things! And so on...

I haven't confirmed that idea, but I know that I will not ever (I pray) be able to go back to the shopaholic that I was. I have grown in so many ways that this resolution truly changed me!

So, here's to having a healthy, happy, and wonderful new year!

Shop the post:




Now for the link up!
RULES
- All I ask is you link back to my blog and link to a specific post. 

- Write about something fashion related (accessories, shoes, modeling, make-up, etc.)
And if you're feeling up to it, you can follow me:

Instagram @SarahTuckerUp
Twitter @MrsSarahTucker
Follow on Bloglovin

Happy Wednesday! 

Thank you for linking up!

To see other WIWW posts, click {here}

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. YOU MADE IT!!! So proud of you sweet friend. You have inspired me to do the same and I'm excited to see what comes from my savings. I will be linking up from now on as I take on this challenge. Be ready for lots of texts. hehe Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Sarah! Seriously I am so impressed and inspired by your no shopping challenge. I don't think I could do it! How did you avoid temptation to shop? (I think unsubscribing from store emails would definitely help, but I read so many fashion blogs I get in trouble!) I really like the idea of purchasing one item a month...that would be a BIG challenge in itself! You probably mentioned this earlier, but did gifts or gift card purchases count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I would never be able to do this. Good luck for 2014. I bet you can keep your resolution.
    Tracy @Its Mostly About Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! You could do it...just have to take the plunge :)

      Delete
  4. Ummm hi yeah, GORGEOUS photos friend!!! Now it's time to teach ME something!!! ;) Happy New Year and I couldn't be anymore proud of you for sticking with your resolution! Total inspiration of strength!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! I really have taken a lot of inspiration from you and your blog. I love your thoughts on curbing shopping and your sense of fashion is amazing. I love love love following you! Just sending some blog love your way and wishing you a happy twenty-fourteen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Val! You have such kind words! I hope your 2014 is off to a wonderful start!

      Delete
  6. You did it!!! You are a rock star my friend!!! And I LOVE your outfit...totally crushing on your boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! I have been wearing these boots non-stop!

      Delete
  7. Love your new stuff and congrats on making it a whole year! That shows amazing restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow...you went a whole year without shopping?? verrry impressive. Also, i'm loving the pop of color your scarf adds to this look.
    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAY TO GO!!! You are seriously amazing!! I can't believe you were able to stick with it for the entire year! You're much stronger than me!
    P.S. That scarf is darling and I love these photos!

    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new follower ~ wow. I am impressed. Someday, I will have to courage to do this and not shop...
    Love your style!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete