Sweatpants, pizza, photography, and packing...

Sunday, February 16, 2014


A public service announcement should go out every day there is a school party. Those kids are on some other planet when they know they are going to get to consume their weight in sugar at the end of the day. Besides the fact that they were quite a trip on Friday, they were their normal precious selves. They showered me with gifts and I couldn't thank them more! They're such a huge part of my life and knowing the adore me just as much as I adore them means the world to me! 


Like I said, if you've never experienced a grade full of ten year old jacked up on sugar, you should. It will drive you to drink eat pizza and be in bed by 8:45pm on Valentine's. Like I said, we are 80 year olds in young people's bodies. I think I was on my second dream by 9:00pm. No shame.


I did manage to make chocolate covered strawberries on Sunday and I'm embarrassed to share the number I consumed. Okay, I consumed 13 chocolate covered strawberries and I admit I have an addiction. Once again, no shame.


Sunday I had the joy of photographing one of my best friend's babies. He got a little cranky, so she picked him up to put a smile back on his face, and those pictures turned out the best! He is such a doll! 




After the shoot Chris and I decided to take the dogs out to play for a bit. There is no greater joy than watching my husband and my dogs. Melts a mommy's heart every single time!



What's not pictures from this weekend is the imminence amount of packing we got done. Our house looks so blank, but rather than feeling sad about leaving this house, I am excited to get in our new one!! Two more weeks and counting!

Linking up with Leeann Kimberlee!
 
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. That's my girl...13 chocolate covered strawberries!! WHOOP!! And wasn't is just absolutely glorious this weekend?! That sweet baby boy...I just wanna squeeze!! Great job on the photo taking...possibly a new side business??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Best way to spend Valentine's Day! We were home and in bed by 9:00 haha ;) And those pictures!!! Adorable! You did an amazing job friend! I have done a few family sessions already and noticed it might be a fun regular side hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is exciting even if it's a pain in the butt! Thirteen chocolate covered strawberries...impressive. We had fondue so I'm pretty sure I win the award - strawberries, raspberries, cookies, pretzels and bananas in chocolate. Maybe we should have a contest sometime? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Valentine's Day, seriously... that's how you should do it, ha! And your best friends son is so freaking adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh that picture of your dog with the tongue hanging out, too cute for words! I ate chocolate covered strawberries too, but didn't consume that many, only because my hubby made me 10 or so. On the flip side, I consumed an entire batch of sugar cookies that no one ate, except me...I'd like to think my 3 year old had some, but he didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are beautiful friend. So excited for you!!! Any party days give me a nice shot of motherhood reality and I graciously add another year to our baby plan. Hehe hope you had a good Monday. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what awesome pics!! and no shame in going to bed early, we did the same on friday and it was glorious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy V-day sweet friend! Your pictures are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I consumed a lot of chocolate covered strawberries as well because I only get them once a year and then I won't see them again for a long, long time. I also subbed on Friday for a party and the day was crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the goodies in your pics look amazing! And so exciting about your imminent move. Moving is always such a crazy mix of emotions. Can't wait to see pics of your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 13 chocolate covered strawberries sounds absolutely divine if you ask me! ;) and hey, high five to the early bed time, I love it. My motto is...if I'm tired, I sleep!

    ReplyDelete