At my breaking point...

Monday, February 3, 2014


Exhausted. That's what I am. This home search is more than I bargained for and it is now getting the best of me. I am not sleeping, not feeling well, and mentally drained. I'm over it. I am sorta cranky and am trying my best to not take all my frustration out on Chris. I honestly have to say I am being great at not lasing out, but girls, we know when we are about to hit that point...and I'm about to hit it!

We put another offer in for a house on Saturday and found out yesterday they went with another offer. It is pretty discouraging when you offer over, or at, asking price with you paying all closing costs and associated fees and they go with another offer. It's like a punch in the gut every single time. Four times now, to be exact.

I know I should be thankful for what I do have and even having the opportunity to buy our second home at such a young age is amazing, but it is a draining process...especially in this DFW housing market. We are happy we are moving to a city we want to raise a family in, where Chris's job is, and most of our friends are, but I had no idea it would be this stressful. 

We have to be out of our house March 1st and currently have no place to go. I texted Chris earlier today and told him I am ready to move into an apartment. I am over the search for our 'dream' house only for that dream to be shattered by a bigger and better offer. I am ready to be settled and not have this pit in my stomach any longer. I am ready to call a place home for the next 10 years and not have to worry about moving again in a year. I am ready to not be in bidding wars with people. I am ready to decorate and make it our own. I am ready for this process to be over.

I know we brought all this on ourselves by selling our house, so it is partially our fault, but I just feel the need to vent and get this off my chest. I know God already has our house picked for us. It will be a perfect match; I'm just impatient. 

For another week or so we will give the house search one great effort, but after this weekend I think we will have to make the executive decision to find and apartment. I hate that it has come to that, but if that is what is in the cards, then that is what we have to deal with.

And for those asking, we did meet with a builder, but the community we wanted to build in is full. Just another punch in the gut, but that just means it wasn't meant to be.

So, thank you for following along with Chris and I in this journey to find our second home. Thank you for listening to my rants and telling me it will be okay. And thank you for your sweet comments and prayers. It is truly appreciated. 

Also, thanks to our wonderful real estate agent who is at our beck and call! We couldn't do it without her. She knows how we work and what we want...now we just have to secure a deal!

Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. It's definitely not your fault for selling friend. Y'all need to both be closer for your sanity for sure. I can't imagine how stressful it must be, along with teaching full time. Just take deep breaths and continue to fight the battle of looking for your home. It will work out one of these times. I just know it. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so overwhelming girl, I feel you! What helped us, I think, was keeping the home search to ourselves. I know it's a little late for that for you, but I knew that it would be draining recapping the ups and downs of buying with friends and family, so we tried to keep it contained until we signed a contract. That way, the news of us buying a house was so happy and a surprise to people and it made the wait so much better. Just know that what you are feeling is normal and the house hunt is crazy right now, but there IS something out there for you guys, even if you end up building it yourself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand--we went through a similar process to find out home--and it is so overwhelming and emotionally draining! I just know God must have something great in store for you tho--sending prayers your way!!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a friend who went thru the same kind of thing. They put thier house up for sale, and it sold within a week. It will happen. :-) We are always here to listen to you vent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!! I hate this for y'all! But, you are so right... God has a plan for y'all & has your PERFECT house already picked out!! Will keep praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs friend....Totally remember how stressful our home buying experience was and we didn't have to be out at a certain time, so I can only imagine the extra stress you are feeling. Thinking and praying that you find your home within the week...I know it's out there for you guys...just waiting to be filled with at the Tucker madness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally feel your pain, our house hunting went so tits up that we ended moving back in with our mums and have since lived between both of their houses ( which are luckily about 40 minutes apart) which has actually been a blessing in disguise for our savings account- although not so much for our stress levels. Moving house is so overwhelming, but it'll all be worth it one day when you're sat in your dream home drinking a cup of whatever you fancy wallowing in the knowledge that a beautiful peice of the world is all yours. Stay strong & thank goodness for a good real estate agent!xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is YOUR blog and your place to vent so don't let "us" make you feel like you have to be positive all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh girl i am sorry you are feeling stressed. The home buying process is SO tough. I just have faith that somethign will come through!

    ReplyDelete
  10. praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhh I hate this for you! After your email last night I started really thinking long and hard about if I really am up for this whole moving thing…and I am so not sure! There are literally TWO houses in all three towns that we are looking in that fit our criteria in our price range that I actually would consider…I'm so scared we're going to sell this place and be out on the streets! I SO hope you guys find the perfect house and are able to get it in the next few days. I know how discouraging this all must be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this is extremely stressful. It will be ok and you'll find the perfect house at the right time. As a big planner, too, I can totally relate. God will take care of you! It's awesome that you sold your house so fast - my last house sold after almost two years at a huge loss. It was in a great neighborhood and I bought it as it was being built.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What you felt is totally normal, Sarah. Searching for your dream house is really overwhelming. Good thing you have a realtor at your side to guide you through the whole process. Somehow the burden you’re carrying is lessened with his help. But your long wait has been finally paid off! I read your ‘Huge house news’ post and I’m happy to know that you got your dream house. Congratulations!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really hope you find somewhere soon so that you don't have to consider moving twice. It must be so frustrating to keep losing places when you have made offers! The whole moving process is stressful -- and tiring! -- enough without having to move into somewhere that isn't "perfect" for you.

    Elton Rousseau @ Hancock And Partners

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry to read about the pressures you are feeling in your house search, honey. You are a good person and I am sure that God will light the way to the path to your new home. Hang in there because the house you find will be the home of your dreams.

    Margaret @ Boston North Shore Real Estate

    ReplyDelete