WIWW: BIG news // white pants // coral top + link up!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013





I bought this top two years ago. I got it at LOFT in an attempt to expand my 'professional' wardrobe. I have paired it with beige slacks, nude pumps, and a turquoise blazer to give it a 'hip', professional vibe. But you can also see me sportin' this beauty on a summer day with white jeans and wedges. Too hot for jeans? Switch to shorts and you're ready to rock and roll. 

Since I have issues with necklaces (due to being really claustrophobic. weirdo, I know), I love how no necklace is needed with this top. The sequin trim adds just enough sparkle to dress it up, but it is not too overpowering. 

And these jeans. Oh my word are they perfect. They are KUT, and fit perfectly. Of course they are sorta stretchy (the only way to go with jeans...) which makes them double perfect. I wish Texas had some 'cool' summer nights so I could wear these pants, but I will have to wait until after labor day (gasp!) to really work these into my wardrobe. If I wore them now, they would melt right onto my body and we would be calling EMS to come cut them off. I'm not worried about me, I just don't want to ruin the pants!

If you are wondering how to replicate my top knot click {here}.

Now for my BIG news!


If you follow me on instagram (@sarahtuckerup) then you already heard, but....I am OFFICIALLY a 5th grade teacher!! I signed on the dotted line yesterday! I have got SO much support since {this} post and I couldn't be more grateful for all that God has given me these last couple months and I cannot wait to start teaching!

Now for some randoms:

- Chris is in Boston and I am not. #notjealous #okaytotallyjealous

- We are going to a wedding this weekend and, let's be honest, who doesn't love weddings?

- I have been eating a second dinner for the last couple weeks. Around 10pm every. single. night. my stomach start rumbling like I haven't eaten in hours. I lay in bed praying to just fall back asleep but I can't! I then get up and eat a banana or bowl of cereal, and once I have a full belly, I crawl back in bed only to be woken up by a growling stomach the next morning. Not sure what my deal is. Chris freaked me out by saying I have a tape worm. Ewwww. What a sicko :)

- See the picture above? See how it kind of looks like I have short hair? I have really been dying for a hair change, but I am not sure I want to get rid of my long hair...thoughts?

- My brother and three of his friends are coming to stay with us this weekend. Four 18 year old boys + Chris...who has an extra room I can come stay in?? ;)

Now for the link up!!

RULES
- All I ask is you link back to my blog!!  
(some people have been forgetting this lately and, to be honest, it is really disrespectful. 7 out of 21 bloggers linked back to me last week. I will be deleting your post if you don't respect my one and only rule. Thanks!)
- Write about something fashion related (accessories, shoes, modeling, make-up, etc.)

Optional: Tweet me using the hashtag #TuckerUp and I will be sure to retweet you! Use #TuckerUp on IG for me to view your outfits! I would love to feature other bloggers for WIWW, so show me those outfits and you might be the chosen one :) 

** Update...sooo I searched #TuckerUp on IG and all that came up was a girl...and her horse (tons of pictures of this girl and her horse). So, since no one wants to be featured (cough, cough), I will take matters into my own hands and pick someone on my own! :) **

Today's pick is someone who is a faithful WIWW blogger and quickly becoming a real life bff...

Everyone meet Brianne from Being Bracco!

Moral of the story... hashtag this ---> #TuckerUp and you could be featured...if not, I will keep randomly selecting someone!

And if you're feeling up to it, you can follow me:

Instagram @SarahTuckerUp
Twitter @MrsSarahTucker

Follow on Bloglovin

Happy Wednesday!

To see other WIWW posts, click {here}

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Go......... ON...... GIRRRRRRRRRRRRRLllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!! Fifth graders are smelly.... they have that pre pubescent BO... but other than that.. heaven... So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of that top, and congrats on the new job!
    - Rachel/ With Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on being official!! so exciting. when does the school year start for you? in NJ its always after labor day but i know other parts of good old america start in August!? <-- thats crazy.

    i think the short(er) hair would look nice on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...so what you are saying is that if i send you my credit card, you'll go shopping for me?! I am the same way about necklaces. I rarely wear them unless they are really low and loose. AND YAY for it being official. So excited for you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with that first picture, the outfit, the hair, the good news... basically the whole post! You look gorgeous and I'm SO happy for you and your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this outfit!! These colors are perfect on you friend! Personally, I think you have a face that can pull off any hair style, so if you want to chop a few inches? Why not? ;) AND umm... thank you for the L-O-V-E in this post!... makes me all blushy :) haha I promise I will stop taking pictures of me on my horse and hashtagging you so much ;) ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the outfit!! The coral is a FAB color on you!! CONGRATS and welcome to 5th grade!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously you are the cutest and gorgeous! Coral is perfect on you!!

    YAYAYY on the job, so so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the white pants, and that corral shirt is too cute! Congrats on the job dotted line signing. Also I have that same necklace clastrophobic thing working for me, except I wouldn't be able to wear that shirt...too high up on my neck...I'm choking just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new job! That's fantastic! 5th grade was my favorite grade growing up. I feel the same way about necklaces. I can wear them for a bit, but then feel too constrained. This top is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your big news! I teach 6th and 7th grade. It's an exciting time for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Con-gra-ja-FREAKIN-lations!! That is so awesome!! I feel off the IG train while on vacation!! So proud of you!! And girl, you are looking fierce in your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on the job! And don't you just love tops that you can keep for years and they still work?! My favorite kind for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!! You did it, you are a teacher!! That is so awesome Sarah, happy for you!! :)

    xo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the detailing on the neckline! Congrats on the new teaching gig :)

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete