A new phone, friends, and organization

Monday, July 22, 2013

Our weekend was pretty low-key. We were busy, but not the normal pull-you-hair-out-go-go-go.
Friday night was spent with this pretty and her husband. They had us over for dinner and good conversation.
Saturday was spent doing things around the house. Does laundry ever end? Saturday afternoon Chris finally decided he was ready to upgrade his phone. Let's just say his other phone was so old they had to take out his SIM card and put it in a newer phone in order to transfer his contacts. He is now a not-so-proud member of the iPhone club. He hates that he succumbed to society, but I think he is secretly loving his new gadget. Chris has always be adamant about not doing what everyone else does, and the iPhone, to him, is the one that kept him from being just like everyone else. Sorry honey.

Saturday evening we went to a baby shower/cookout. The party was on the outskirts of the Dallas suburbs, so it was nice to get out of the city and see some trees and land for a change. 

Sunday morning at 5:30am Chris got a call and he was needed at the plant. He is an assistant plant manager, so no matter when his phone rings, he holds his breath and answers. Unfortunately he had to go in from 7am-7pm. With him out of the house I was able to be extremely productive! I went through our filing system and cleaned out unnecessary papers, grocery shopped, cleaned out the fridge, made chicken spaghetti, and took updated house pictures of the blog. 

Now it is Monday and I still have the cleaning bug. I think I will tackle under the sinks and closets! 

Have a great day!

Linking up with Sami, MegLeeannMolly and Carly!

PS: Did you see my top knot tutorial?
PSS: I am working on my first VLOG from the questions you asked!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. No, laundry never ends. Hubby got his done, I didn't even start mine :/ I can't wait until I get a bigger washer/dryer and hopefully get more done in a setting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a lovely weekend! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What chicken spaghetti recipe do you use? I have used the Pioneer Woman's and loved it! My goal for this week is a freezer full of casseroles so we have food when baby Louis gets here...and his invitation to come is open ended starting NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't tell Michael, but I love when he is on nights because I can get so much done around the house. hehe YAY for fun/easy weekends. They are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! I was so busy this weekend, I'll be ready for a low-key weekend next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Mrs. Productive! Aaron knows the feeling of the work phone ringing as well.. it can be a weekend bummer for sure. But welcome Chris to the iPhone club!! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're on a roll! Head on over anytime... :)

    ReplyDelete