WIWW: Nursery Inspiration + Link Up

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I have no outfit for today because, well, I just don't. I did whack eight inches off my hair yesterday, so I'm feeling lighter today! I hadn't cut my hair in over a year and a half (yikes). I can't wait to try out new hairstyles and I hope that my new shorter look will inspire me to actually fix my hair more.

On to other exciting things: Baby Boy's nursery!

Lots of you have asked or emailed what our room inspiration is going to be, so I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorite pins from Pinterest. You can see my whole baby board here.

via
via
via
no source found!
We want something neutral, but with a touch of "boy." I've never been into the theme-y bedrooms and I sure as heck am not going to spend a fortune on this room that, for the first year of his life, he will spend so little time in! I honestly don't even plan on getting any bedding made. I'll probably order a couple cute sheets off Etsy and call it a day. I can buy a bumper when he is ready for it and I don't really care for bed skirts. We are keeping it as simple as possible!

What was your baby's nursery like? I'd love to know and find more inspiration!

Now for the link up!

- All I ask is you link back to my blog and link to a specific post.

- Write about something fashion related!

- Instagram @SarahTuckerUp for more outfits and randoms!

Thanks for linking up and to see other WIWW posts, click here.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one not into themed rooms. Boston's nursery is going to be decorated in shades of gray and navy. We'll be using industrial accents and the hubs baseball memorabilia from when he was a kid . I wanted a room that could grow with him that I wouldn't need to redecorate when the time comes to move him into a bigger bed. As much as I love to decorate, I try to choose pieces that will last a while that won't require me to make new purchases a year later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love all the nurseries you have pictures, because they aren't too cute or babyish. We were dirt poor when we had babies, so I was never able to decorate a nursery the way I dreamed. But you know what, babies don't care about decorations, They are for you, not the baby. So it didn't matter. All they really want is to be with you and to be loved. I can't wait to see your new hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the rooms you picked out for inspiration. I really like when people don't make it babyish so that as they get older, they can grow into and you won't have to do a complete room rehaul when they get a bit older. And yes for just ordering sheets and nothing else. Honestly I didn't use a bumper at all, well technically I bought one, but never used it. Put it in his bed, and then he started rolling around and I freaked out that he might suffocate if he rolled into and not be able to roll out, so I took it out and never used it. It's currently sitting in a vacuum sealed bag in the garage. So maybe you won't need one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great inspiration! I have a feeling when my daughter has a baby someday I will go completely bonkers. Not one of my babies had a "real" nursery as every single time I seemed to add a baby we were one bedroom short and they ended up sharing a room with a sibling. All of mine also slept in bed with me for a really long time and the youngest was actually in a crib in my room until she was almost 4...gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your inspiration picks! Can't wait to see how it turns out

    www.confessionsofafrumpymommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right on them not being in their room that much in the beginning. We went super simple. I stuck with red, black and white but no actual theme. I had a friend make the bumper, quilt and pillow in a neutral pattern so if we ever have a 2nd it could be used again.
    Honesty, Xavier spent more time in our room (still does) so I am glad we didn't put too much money into it. Now that we just moved, we are focusing on his big boy room :) It is has a car theme so to speak, but real cars...no disney stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the inspiration! And can't wait to see you rocking that new 'do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG it's a boy, congrats! I love all of these neutral nurseries with a rustic feel to them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so on point with everything! I can't wait for the day we can decorate a nursery, but am with you on not making it to theme-y! that first picture with the wood ceiling got me! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pins! Great nursery ideas. Post of pic of your haircut! Thanks for hosting the linkup.
    Traci
    waltzmetoheaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your nursery inspiration! We didn't decide to do theme-y stuff for our little guy either- just more of a color scheme (gray/white with pops of red and blue...it almost had a nautical feel, but we didn't want to go crazy buying boats and anchors and the like. We also used the pegboard and striped curtains! Here's his reveal: http://the-style-files.com/baby-boy-nursery-reveal/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, I can't get over these nurseries. How perfect are they?!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete