Life Update || A photo dump

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Life around here has been busy. I feel like we are already counting down our weekends left as just the two of us, so we are making the most of our time. Everything we do we say, "this might be the last time we (insert whatever here) do this as just us!" I know our little guy isn't coming until April, but this was the last State Fair without a babe in tow. This will be our last holiday season without a little man to spoil. So many things approaching that we are trying to soak in!





Three weekends ago we had my brother, his best friend, and Chris's best friend in town staying with us to go to the State Fair. My best friend lives in Dallas, so she came along as well. This was all our friend's first time at the fair, so we were excited to show them around. 

My goal was to be there so long that I needed two corn-dogs and I am happy to report that was a success! And I am also probably going to disappoint some people in saying that Fletcher's is my least favorite corn-dog of all! We also devoured pineapple whip, fried oreos, turkey legs, Dippin' Dots, and a slew of other things! 




My cousin sent us our first present via mail. Are these not the cutest little sneakers?! This little guy is all ready to cheer on the Horns next year!


Y'all, I'm obsessed with this hat. This hat will be my first official purchase for Baby Boy Tucker (who still does not have a name!). I can just picture him wearing it next winter and it makes my heart burst!
  



Two weekends ago Chris and I decided to get cracking on cleaning out the guest rooms and closets. We pulled everything out and went through all our junk and then painted the walls Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams. It is just the perfect gray! I plan on getting new curtains and we still aren't sure the direction we are going with the room, but I hope to incorporate those vintage Normal Rockwell pictures. 


You might have seen on instagram, but my granddad passed away Friday morning. He was 89, just two months shy of his 90th birthday. He went without pain and this was sort of unexpected. At 89 you know that one day it is coming, but he was healthy and just went to the hospital for something minor. His heart-rate spiked and then stopped in the early hours of Friday morning and we all know he was just running to see my Meme.

I took this picture with him a couple months ago when I went to visit him. He was a little spitfire. The breakfast at his assisted living home closes at 9:00am and we showed up at 8:55am and they had already shut it all down. He quickly found a waitress and demanded pancakes, bacon, fruit, and coffee and they brought him everything he asked for along with a, "Yes, Mr. Isenberg." It was so funny how even at his age he was still getting everything he wanted.

He knew Chris and I were having a baby and we spent so many great moments together that it is hard to be selfish and want him here on earth when I know he is as happy as can be up in Heaven with my Meme.

Chris and I went down to be with my family last weekend for my cousin's wedding reception. It was bitter sweet because my granddad was supposed to be there celebrating with us. I'm so thankful to have had in my life for 25 years and I will miss him everyday.

On our way home Sunday afternoon we got a flat tire while taking a detour to avoid traffic. Luckily my handy husband jumped right on it and were were back on the road in less than an hour! And I think granddad was watching over us :)


Sorry for being so MIA lately, but life is just moving right along and I'm just trying to keep up! This weekend we hope to make more progress in the nursery, so hopefully some home decor posts will be on the way in the coming weeks!

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I love how the room turned out and that hat!!!! Love love love. Sending lots of big hugs your way friend. I hate that for you but I love that you already know he's there watching over you. Hope your week is going quickly. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh can't wait to see what you do with the nursery. We've finally started working on Boston's nursery. I'm not big into kid themed spaces so he'll be having a vintage baseball room full of his daddy's old baseball gloves, bats, and trophies. Hands down decorating the nursery is one of my favorite aspects of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I bet this Christmas the little guy gets spoiled too with the gifts people want to make sure he gets so they give them early!

    The fair looked like fun - especially that ice cream cone, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about your Grandad...thinking of you!
    How exciting to be making progress in the future nursery. And wow, you just made me hungry with mention of all that fair food. Is there really anything better?!

    ReplyDelete