WIWW: Vacation Hangover + Link Up

Wednesday, May 13, 2015








What you can't see in these pictures is the sweat rolling down my forehead and the blisters on my feet.

DC was so fun, but it left me with a vacation hangover. My feet are still sore and I still feel sleep deprived. Monday was brutal and I went to school looking like a college kid; messy bun, glasses, a UT sweatshirt, tennis shoes, and jeans. Since our flight got delayed I didn't have a chance to get groceries over the weekend, so Monday after school I stopped by the grocery store on my way home.

I was greeted with cookies samples and went around gathering the essentials. I paid, headed to the car, looked for my keys, and BAM. There they were...half way sticking out of the ignition. Crap.

All I could think was, "Really? Today? Of all days? The day I am sore for walking a billion miles in DC. The day I get about five hours of sleep? The day after getting back from vacation? The day I just ate a double serving of cookie samples?"

I called my friend who lives close, but no answer. I called Chris and he said he would leave work in the next couple minutes to come get me, but I told him I thought I'd just walk home since it was only about a mile. It was a gorgeous day and, what the heck else was I supposed to do? Stand there and wait when I could just be walking the mile home?

So, I went back in the store and asked them to hold my groceries while I power-walked home to get my spare set of keys. They looked at me a little silly, but it was an odd request, so I didn't blame them.

It was such a gorgeous day that it was actually a nice walk. I did feel kinda weird walking with a purse and clearly not looking to exercise, but whatever.

I got home, changed into actual workout clothes, plopped in my contacts, and jogged back to the grocery store with my spare set of keys.

And you can bet I bought the dozen cookies that were being sampled. And have eaten them all by myself. Bahamas in four weeks? Ha! My motto: Everyone looks skinny when they're laying down!

Happy Wednesday!

Now for the link up!

- All I ask is you link back to my blog and link to a specific post.

- Write about something fashion related!

- Instagram @SarahTuckerUp and use #TuckerUpWIWW to share your outfits

Thanks for linking up and to see other WIWW posts, click here.


16 comments:

  1. Lol! That is a cute story! You just made a bad day to a great day! :)

    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a nice day that I was actually motivated to run! And get my keys from the house :)

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, I think your motto is my favorite motto for this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. D.C is so much fun! Glad you had a great vacation all while looking fabulous!

    Robyn
    Feel Great Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! DC was great! It was a short trip, but we were able to do so much!

      Delete
  4. That is a fantastic motto, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at the everyone looks skinny laying down. I always say, I wish I looked like this (laying down) when standing up! haha :) Doesn't everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit- glad you had a good time but sorry about the troubles you had when you returned! It did make a good story though :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny story!! I might have asked this but where are you staying in the Bahamas? That will be a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah...that's when I'd just go back inside to the Starbucks in our grocery store and wait for Aaron...gosh I'm freakin lazy!! LOL This outfit..yaaaassss! Totally every item I love for Summa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great story! And I'm thinking your motto is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha I have a terrible habit of locking my keys in my car. I do it about once every few months. Good for you for running home to get them!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete