Recipe: Easy Homemade Bread

Monday, September 30, 2013


I got this recipe from a friend last year and it has yet to disappoint. Except when you use expired yeast...but this story is for a different day.

You will need:
- 2T sugar
- 2T active yeast
2.5c warm water
- 2T oil
1T salt
- 6c flour

Put the sugar, yeast, and warm water in a bowl. Do not stir. Let sit for approx. 15-25 minutes until bubbly.
Add in the oil, salt, and flour. Mix well. Cover with towel and let rise 10 minutes. Stir down. Stir down and let rise two more times.

On the final time you stir down the dough, shape into loaf pans (I bake two loaves). Spray you loaf pans with Pam. Once you have the loaves of dough in pans, cover with a towel and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 325 for approx. 35-40 minutes.

Enjoy :)

Linking up with Jess and Ashley!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Confession: I've never made bread. I need to try it! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is always begging me to make homemade bread, and I have yet to give in. It always sounded so intimidating without a bread maker. haha :) You make it sound really doable though, I just might have to try it now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than the smell of bread baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try my bread making skills out....or maybe I'll just come visit and let you make it for me while the fur kiddos and I cuddle on the couch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds a lot like the recipe I use! Maybe I'll have to try this one next time and see if I like it better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love homemade bread! Just the smell alone is worth it even if I don't eat it!

    ReplyDelete