Ova-whelmed

Friday, June 21, 2013

To be honest, I am slightly overwhelmed. Not the about-to-have-a-mental-breakdown overwhelmed, just the have-so-much-I-want-and-need-to-do overwhelmed. You follow?

Chris has been filling in for the night supervisor this week which means three nights this week he works from 7pm-7am. Talk about screwing with a sleep schedule. 

Along with me taking on his sleep schedule (I am kinda chicken to be home alone so I have to wait until I am exhausted to fall asleep...), there is a dog in our neighborhood that is that dog. Every morning around 5:30am, the neighborhood beast starts barking. The owner must go workout, or something, because around 6:30am it stops, but by that point I am wide freaking awake. Anddd since I fall asleep between 1:00am and 2:00am...that equates to not a whole lotta sleep. 

On top of all that mess (yes, I am still complaining), I am taking the state exam next week for my teaching certification. I have been studying, but I still have no idea what to expect. I mean, who is seriously smarter than a 5th grader? Do you know what event happened in 1620? Ya, didn't think so. Or can you write me a complex, compound sentence? See what I mean. Ugh.

With all that negativity - cut it out, Sarah - there is some joy!! Our neighbors had their precious baby girl yesterday! To say I am excited about having a baby next door is an understatement. I am pumped! 

And since a post is basically pointless without pictures, here are some of my super intriguing pictures from this weeks shenanigans. 

Sarah sent me some of her hand-me downs. I, obviously, happily accepted! Thanks, Sarah! You and Floyd are the best! 

Home-made chick strips at Casa de Tucker this week. Yum.

No caption necessary!

I got out of the house this week to go to a doctor's appointment. Felt weird to put on make-up and get dressed. Don't fool yourself, my hair was in a bun.

Chris has been golfing a lot this week...since he is working nights, soooo...since he gets to golf, I get to get a pedicure. 

I found this picture in our office while studying. Melts my heart. I can only hope to have a child that precious.

Spurs, what the frick happened?!!? 
 This weekend will be full of relaxation, studying, and maybe a hot date with my main man :)

What are you up too??

Have a wonderful weekend!

PS: I am writing this at 12:19 at night and the beast of a dog is barking. That CHL may come in handy realllll soon. Just kidding, kinda

PSS: I just went outside to hear the location of the beast....the house right. freaking. behind us. Those neighbors will be getting a very nice note tomorrow :)

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah! I have been following your blog for a while now, but this is my first time to comment. I know you will do great on your TEXES exam. I took that exam 8 years ago. I know, long time. Just study the stuff they have online and do the practice exam and you should do fine. People build it up to be harder than it is. It's not easy, but it's not hard. If you know, what I mean. Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hayley! Thanks for commenting!! I love getting to know new people :)

      Thank you for the advice. I have no idea why I am stressing over this test so much :/ I have NEER had test anxiety or been a bad test taker, so this is new for me. I think it is bc I want it so badly that I am putting too much stress on myself! I am taking the exam July 3rd!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry about the barking dog that is the worst. And you'll rock out the test like it ain't no thang :) I have faith!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you got your CHL!! I'm waiting on mine to arrive in the mail. What kind of gun do you have/plan to carry??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that mine came so early. It has only been a month since I mailed it. I guess they didn't find my criminal background ;)

      The hubs has an array of guns that I can choose from. Glocks, 9's, lots of others that I don't know the name of....he always makes me load and unload them to make sure I know how to use it in case I really have to! I am glad he makes me practice bc each gun loads and unloads slightly different!

      Delete
  4. That chicken looks so good, I want/need to get my CHL, and my husband is out of town this weekend and it makes for a super long weekend but lonely! I am pampering myself a ton and trying to get back into the swing of blogging! Oh, & that test... don't stress you will do fine and look back on it thinking man I wasted so much time studying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a teacher and I know that you will do a great job! Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. husbands being on overnight shifts should just not be allowed! I'm forcing myself to stay up late right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Props on getting your concealed carry!! :) That is on my to do list once I get out of CA lol

    ReplyDelete