Five Days

Monday, June 1, 2015

Well, really four and a half more days until school is out. Until my second year of teaching is under my belt. Until our cruise. Until....a lot of things. But, this week could be the most jam-packed week of the year. And, if my lack of posts last week didn't give it away, last week was one of those 'wake-up, go to work, don't stop allllll day, get home just in time to eat and shower, then go to bed' weeks.

The last couple weeks of the school year are so busy for teachers. There are award ceremonies, meetings, parties, etc. Last week there was only one day I got home before 7:00pm, and that was Monday. And, I get to school around 7:00am. And I only have a 20 minute lunch break that always includes one or more students. And at one point I had 40 kids in my room and my thermostat said 78.9. You can bet I was a little on edge. 

Last week I told Chris to not even say to me, "only ____ more days!" because, until you've been a teacher, you don't understand these last days. They are so busy, yet so emotional. 

This coming week we have our fifth grade dance, end of the year meetings during the day and after school, fifth grade graduation, end of the year class parties, awards ceremonies, and a million other meetings to wrap up. Not to mention I am moving rooms and need to be moved out of my room and into my new room by Friday. Oh, and somewhere I need to pack for a seven day cruise.

Each day is filled to the brim from the moment the kids come in to the moment they leave. People who have desk jobs complain about it being boring (I used to!), but remember those of us who have to sprint to the bathroom and can't drink their hot coffee because twenty tiny humans need your attention.

This year my twenty tiny ones have tested my limits to no end. I don't feel as emotional about them leaving fifth grade as I did last year. Last year I was crying everyday at the thought of my babies moving on. This year has been so different than last year. I am excited to see what the future holds for this year's babies. They have helped shape and mold me into a better teacher and I hope that I have impacted them in a positive way and made them want to be better citizens.  


Friday's dinner because - read above. Busy. Friday was our field day. I played soccer and basketball with my kids and they kept telling me I needed to be in the NBA. "Hello, 5'3" white chick. Welcome to the WNBA!" said no one ever. Then right after school I had a meeting until five and then started moving and cleaning out my room. I was a sweaty mess when I got home, so a shower and some Kix was what went down.


Saturday Chris and I went shopping for our cruise. He needed bathing suits and I needed to return some things, so we spent the day out and about. We tried a new pizza place called Blaze Pizza. It is like Subway, but for pizzas. You can choose any toppings for only $7.95. We loved it!! It is wood fired, thin crust pizza. So good!

Saturday night we went to church and then went to our friend's new house for our monthly supper club. Pizza and games consumed our night. And lots of laughing and girl talk!


Sunday was our first sunny day in Dallas in WEEKS. Literally weeks. I decided to try and get a tan so I am not blinding people on our cruise. Wrigley joined in on the tanning fun. He likes to tan in the nude, while I prefer to keep my bathing suit on :)




Sunday afternoon we headed to watch the Rangers play. It was our first game of the season and it was a perfect day for baseball. My butt was soaked with sweat, I had beads of sweat rolling down everywhere, I got fried to a crisp, I downed a chicken tender basket, a coke, and a strawberry chill...all things that sum up a great day at the ballpark.

On the way home from the game Chris and I stopped at In-N-Out for burgers, then headed home to clean up the house a little bit, do some laundry, shower, and hop in bed.

This week will be super busy, but I know that light at the end of the tunnel is near and I can hear the beaches of the Bahamas calling my name!

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Aww yay!! You are almost there :) And why does Ohio not have a pizza place like that?! I need it in my life!!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun weekend!! Just hang in there friend (says the one with no teaching experience lol) Bahamas will be here before you know it and you better send me lots of pics to be jealous over haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are obsessed with Blaze! I was dying at your bathing beauty...SO funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart planning having your cruise right after the school year ends. You deserve a great vacation. Hope the rest of the week goes by quickly!

    ReplyDelete