Being on the news and other things...

Thursday, January 30, 2014

1. I got shouted out on the Dallas Morning News...watch and see! My kids think I am famous, and this experience was a dream come true for all of my babies. They will always remember their 5th grade year when they got mentioned on the news!


2. We are, with smiles on our faces and hope in our hearts, going out to house hunt all day tomorrow. We are also talking with a builder to check into going that route. Fingers crossed!

3. And people think teaching is easy...the struggles of this job are unreal. I asked this student of mine (who's first language is not English) to write the word 'because' 20 times for homework. This student has repeatedly misspelled this word and it was time for me to try an old school approach. This is what they turned in...


And I have to get this student to pass the STAAR test in three months...I'm always up for the challenge because I adore my kids, but this one is going to cause me to get creative! Teacher friends, suggestions are welcome!

4. I need a haircut, bad, but every free moment I have is spent looking for a house. When I schedule an appointment I am planning on going slightly shorter than before. I am really loving having my hair short!

5. Yesterday I mentioned how Chris bid, and won, a picture of a buck from a restaurant. We officially returned the voicemail and the picture is on it's merry way to our home. I am happy to report that there was a $20 shipping fee, so we came in under budget right at $195. I am thrilled, ecstatic. Really though, offers are being accepted now...

PS: If you didn't link up for What I Wore Wednesday, there is still time. Go here!

Instagram @SarahTuckerUp
Twitter @MrsSarahTucker
Follow on Bloglovin

Happy Friday! 

Linking up with Lauren
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Bless his heart...the word was right there on the paper that he could copy :(
    I hope you are able to turn a corner with this student sooner rather than later. Good luck this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Look at you all famous on the news! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut the! I know someone FAMOUS!!! Whoo Hoo! So awesome :) Send me good play by play photos of your house hunt tomorrow ;) Fingers crossed for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Famous lady!!!! My mom was a teacher also and taught ESL kids. It's tough but so worth it when you succeed with them. Good luck on the house hunt!
    I can't wait to see a picture of this deer picture. We have plenty of deer and fish in our house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about you explaining it is be + cause and breaking the word into 2 parts? Not sure that will help but who knows?

    ReplyDelete