Spring Break || Playing Catch Up

Monday, March 14, 2016

Hello! I took a week off from blogging during my spring break. Even though I had time, and things to talk about, it was nice to just relax.

The first weekend of spring break was gorgeous! I ran a bunch errands, did our taxes, and nested like crazy. Chris was out of the house helping his aunt, so I always feel like I get more done when he is gone. Any other women feel this way?

During the week I had a great system of working and relaxing. I would doing a few things, then rest. Do a few more things, then rest. I even squeezed in two naps because I felt so, so exhausted!

Monday we had a doctor's appointment. I got checked for the first time and the doctor said, "Oh! He is RIGHT there!" Then she proceeded to tell us to make sure we have everything ready because, at this point, he could come anytime. 

The rest of the week was full of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with my favorite girls, shopping for last minute nursery items, hitting up Sonic happy hour twice, and lots of resting. It rained all week which made it easy to relax. 

The nursery is almost done and I can 't wait for a full reveal. It has turned out totally different than my vision, but I'm in love with it! 

Below are some snaps from my week. Honestly, I am dreading going back to school, but I know the countdown is on!




phone case
This past weekend we had our infant CPR class followed by a million things to do. We took the pups to get their shots, hung some final things in the nursery, worked on some touch ups in the kitchen, did lots of cleaning, ate tons of ice cream, relaxed, and tried to stay busy because we know that our days are numbered!







Today I am back at school, so wish me luck! I'm bigger and less mobile than ever before, so I can only imagine how tired I'll be at the end of each day. Graham is due April 8th, but I won't mind if he came just a tad early. Momma is ready to stay home and cuddle a newborn!

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh I can not wait to see the little man's nursery reveal! & I'm so thankful I'm not the only girl who seems to think she can accomplish more when the hubs isn't around (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those puppy pictures! the nursery looks a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e and you look pretty cozy in that glider! good job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being in the home stretch! When are you going out on maternity leave? Nice that you'll be out for the three months and then head into summer, so you'll get a lot of time with him, assuming you're not going to go back before school ends? Perfect teacher timing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah!!! He's almost here! And his nursery is sooo adorable! Glad you enjoyed a nice, productive week off my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had Spring Break too and going back today was extremely rough!! I'm right there with ya mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree that I get more done when hubby is gone!! Glad you enjoyed your spring break...we were in Dallas over the weekend and totally forgot it was down there

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful! Loving how the nursery came together. When I had my first two I was still in college and working and life was crazy...when my littles came along I was able to take off 11 weeks to stay home with them and it was the greatest.

    ReplyDelete