A heart so full.

Monday, October 20, 2014


This weekend. Ahhh. It was perfect. Just looking at these pictures makes my heart burst with happiness.

Last week was hectic as ever. Chris had been in Atlanta all week and I was ready for him to be home. Friday night his flight got delayed almost five hours and he was finally able to make it home around midnight. I don't really remember him coming in, but I do remember waking up to him on Saturday morning!

Saturday was the most gorgeous day of the year! The weather was perfect. Not a cloud in the sky, temperature was in the 70's, and we didn't have a thing planned. 

After eating breakfast and lounging around, we decided it was time to head to the pumpkin patch. We felt guilty if we didn't get out of the house on a day like that! 



Every year Chris buys me a "Cinderella" pumpkin, so off to the pumpkin patch we went.

After discovering that most of the Cinderella pumpkins were rotten on the bottom, we stumbled across this grey pumpkin. It was the perfect size, and the color was what I really loved. I felt as though the color is very symbolic for our lives right now.

I feel like Chris and I are in that grey stage in our life. We aren't exactly newly-newly weds, but we don't have kids yet, so we are kind of in the grey...and I love it! We no longer are figuring out how to live with one another like when you first get married, but we haven't yet tackled the reigns of parenthood. We are in a really, really great place and my heart is just so full. 


Chris's engineering side came out in full force while searching for the perfect pumpkin. He analyzes every single pumpkin, looking for the perfect one.




We came across this squash(?) and it was as light as a feather. Literally, so light! Ordinarily, Chris made me take a picture with it.




We also came home with this colorful little guy. I am always smitten with unusual pumpkins to decorate the house with and this one made the cut.


In true Tucker fashion, I dared Chris to pick up this huge pumpkin and, of course, he accepted my challenge. That smile, those squinty eyes, that pumpkin. He melts me.
  

I am so sad to see this weekend go. Chris and I had so much fun together and it made me excited to be in this stage of life with him. 

After the pumpkin patch we went grocery shopping together, the later Saturday night went to church with some friends. 

Sunday was full of football and grilling out with more friends and my heart continued to burst. 

We are so blessed and I can already tell this fall season is going to be one for the books.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Linking up with Leann and Kimberlee!

17 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! You two look so happy, that sounds like a great area in life to be at! I haven't been to a pumpkin patch in ages, but it sounds so fun. Awesome pictures!

    xo
    Lexi
    the-streetsofgold.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend!! Pumpkin patch is definitely on our to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the different pumpkins!! If we have time we're definite making the trip out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white/gray pumpkins! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! I love the gray pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend?! I keep seeing pumpkin patch photos on facebook, but don't have any kids either so, I figured folks would look at us crazy. The only 30 year old without children going through the corn maze. ha We might have to go. You've given me motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love weekends like this! I love your outlook on this stage of life. You are beautiful, my friend. XO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well this is the best tradition ever!! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all these pictures!!! So much fun! It's such a wonderful stage to be in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you guys had an amazing weekend. Love the gray pumpkin :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these pictures- you guys look so happy! We went to the pumpkin patch this weekend, too, and it's a perfect start to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like you had such a great weekend! You are so pretty, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love weekends like this! The gray is really a nice place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. y'all are seriously the cutest. i still laugh at these pictures of the pumpkins and makes the think if your hashtags!! hahaha! still laughing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that pumpkin is enormous! Also I can't believe that I JUST THIS YEAR discovered Cinderella pumpkins and now I'm seeing them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know there could be so many different colors of pumpkins! haha Love the metaphor of being in a "gray area" :) Pumpkins are the best.

    Thanks for linking up with MMG :)

    ReplyDelete