Fitness: Orangetheory

Wednesday, February 28, 2018


We are going to Maui very soon and in order to feel like myself again and get into swimsuit shape I’ve been going to Orangetheory classes since November and loving it! If you’re not familiar with Orangetheory, google it :) But, I am love-love-loving it so much. Each workout is different and challenging and I am seeing my old body come back. Having that hour to myself is something I’ve needed for a long time, but I always felt guilty leaving G to go workout, so I hardly ever went.

In the fall I started to feel a lot of anxiety and just hadn’t been feeling myself so I decided to try Orangetheory (at the urging of my sister in law) and I signed up that night (her birthday!) and haven’t looked back since.

The class is an hour long, half the time spent on the treadmill and half on the rowers/in the weight room. You can choose to start on the rowers or the treadmill. I always start on the rowers because I like to get warmed up in the weight room then end my workout with the running.

The goal of Orangetheory is to get into the 'orange' heart-rate zone and stay there for 12 or more minutes. Everyone who buys a heart-rate monitor can see their stats up on a screen and it is SUPER motivating!

If you’re curious about Orangetheory or would like more workout posts and tips, please let me know! I’m also really going to focus on eating healthier (which I am terrible at), so any delicious/healthy recipes, please send my way!

And, I'm not going to post my results on here because I'm always terrified that a student will read my blog, but I am more than happy to email you my results if you'd like!

Lastly, these are my FAVORITE running shoes and as someone who has been active all her life and played sports in college, I can say these are the only shoes that have never hurt my feet! Also, I'm obsessed with these leggings and workout tops! For someone who works out 5-6 times a week, investing in good workout clothes is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment