Maui: Day 2

Wednesday, May 23, 2018


I mentioned in my Day 1 post that we were not on the lucky receiving end of the Maui weather, but we did not let that stop us from enjoying all Maui has to offer.


On day 2 of our trip my sister in law and I started our day with a run along the boardwalk. The boardwalk is a path that runs along the beach in front of all the resorts in Wailea. This was the BEST way to see the most luxurious resorts Maui has to offer!

After our run we all headed to the beach for a day full of relaxation. Chris and my father in law had gone to the beach early to set out our beach chairs. Once we made it down to the beach, we grabbed our books and got to relaxing.

It was freezing. Like, cover yourself with a towel freezing, yet Chris stand-up paddle boarded for an hour! He rented a paddle board from the resort and it was so fun watching him go back and forth.




After a few hours at the beach we decided to pack up and walk back to our condo. The next few hours consisted of us doing nothing but reading, drinking fruity drinks, eating, lounging, napping, and more lounging. It was amazing.


At one point my mom called so we got to talk to Graham and that woke me up out of my nap, so I was all charged up and ready for an adventure. Chris and I snuck away to go explore some of Maui’s top beaches and they did not disappoint! We were so sad that the weather wasn’t great, but we loved exploring how different each beach was.


 

One famous beach in Maui is called Big Beach and Little Beach. I had read about how big beach was just that, big, and super family friendly. Right over a rock was little beach and that was for the more free-spirited, I should say. Since we went all the way there we had to check out both beaches. Big beach was huge and beautiful and on a sunny day I am sure it would have been packed. We trekked over the rock to Little Beach and saw just what people had warned us about :)

























After our little excursion we headed back to the condo and did more lounging. We finally all managed to pull ourselves together and head to dinner at Nick's Fishmarket which is located in the Fairmount. The food was delicious and it was another perfect day in Maui!

No comments:

Post a Comment