12 for 2012: what a year!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

12 happenings, 12 DIY projects, and 12 outfits. Ready, go!
 
The best of twenty-twelve!
 
"If I could turn back time, if I could find a wayyyy..."
 
You sing it guuurl. If I, Sarah, not Cher, could turn back time, here are 12 happenings I would love to relive from 2012.
 
One: Buying our first home.
 
This was such a growing experience for Chris and I. You never realize your significant other's style until you try to agree on a house. One of the things I found out about Chris was that he must have a toilet room. As in his toilet can't be out in the open. Seriously?!? He hasn't even shut that door (I may have shut it for him!) one time! Whatever floats his boat I suppose.
 
Two: Our wedding.
 
 
June 16, 2012 couldn't have been more perfect. I was stressfree and soaked in every.single.moment. Many people told me that your wedding day flies by and you don't remember a thing. I wanted to be different, I wanted to remember. I lived in the moment and was aware of everything that was going on. I enjoyed that day more than any other day of my life because I was present. I truly remember the entire day!
 
Three: Our honeymoon to Kauai.
 

Ah-freakin-mazing. Seriously. Chris, nor I, had ever been to Hawaii and that is the main reason we picked Kauai. We wanted some place we had never been. It did not disappoint. Totally random, but has anyone seen the show Hawaii Life on HGTV?? It is about people looking for homes in Kauai and I loveee watching it and picking out places that Chris and I went!
 
Four: Chris graduating college.
 
I may have started college after Chris, and finished before him, but that doesn't deter the fact that I am his biggest fan! I am so stinkin' proud of him for obtaining his engineering degree and getting his dream job. I told him when I first met him that I was not, I repeat NOT, marrying a bonehead and if he wanted to marry me he bess get his boo-tay in gear. That he did! He must really love me!
 
Five: Chris moving to Dallas.
 
Chris and I were long-distance for 9 months while I worked in Dallas and he finished school in Tyler. I wouldn't say it was tough, because it didn't strain our relationship, but it wasn't fun. No one wants to be away from the person they love for that long. I am so happy that in 2012 Chris and I were able to reunite in the same city!
 
Six: Beginning the home decorating process with Chris.
 
 
 
We would laugh, and argue, and laugh and laugh about how different our styles are. Marriage is a compromise and combining styles is no exception. It was so fun picking out paint, curtains, and putting away wedding gifts in the "perfect" spot that has now been moved. I can't wait to tackle the other rooms in our house!
 
Seven: Having my grandparents at our wedding.
 
 
If you have been around this here blog for awhile, you know the love I have for my grandparents. Losing my Meme in August made me appreciate our wedding video and wedding pictures that much more. I will cherish those pictures forever. Having them be healthy enough to make it to my wedding (5 hours away from where they lived) was the BIGGEST blessing I could have ever asked for. It was not an option for them not to be there. God came through, as usual, and I am so, so thankful.
 
Eight: My little brother's senior football season.
 
I have alwaysss been a huge sports fan. I mean sports were my life for the passed 19 years! But watching my brother as QB of his high school football team made me have that proud-big-sister moment. He is the perfect kid. It almost makes me gag. Ok, he can't cook anything other than eggs and Hamburger Helper, but the boy is QB of the football team, point guard for the basketball team, shortstop for the baseball team, salutorian of his senior class, and the most well-spoken and polite 18 year old you will ever meet...if you meet him. So proud of you little bro!
 
Nine: Celebrating Thanksgiving with my family as a married woman.
 
 
It was so fun having Chris at my parent's house for Thanksgiving this year. We played games, ate way too much, laughed way too much, and soaked in all that life had to offer. It was blissful.
 
Ten: Celebrating Christmas with the Tucker family.
 
 
I really hit the jackpot in the in-laws department. I have an adorable sis-in-law who is one of my best friends. I have a mother-in-law who is always so welcoming and caring. And a father-in-law who I can make fun of and pick on all the time. Jack-pot. My first Christmas as a married lady with the in-laws couldn't have been more perfect. And having it snow was the icing on the cake :)
 
Eleven: Getting to go on my family vacation even when Chris couldn't.
 
My sweet husband urged me to go skiing with my family even though he had to work. I am SO happy I went. I got to ski with my brother and his girlfriend, and spend quality time with my mom and dad. It was a great, great trip. 
 
Twelve: The moment at the angel tree.
 
I mentioned it {here}. That moment led me to confirm my New Year's resolution. I am so blessed and can't wait to see how God opens my eyes.
 
12 DIY projects. Ya yaaaaa! Get your glue guns ready, and staple guns hot because we are about to hammer out my 12 favorite projects of 2012!
 
One: our nailhead trim headboard
 
 
Two: starburst mirror
 
 
Three: frame wall
Four: chalkboard window
Five: dresser redo
Six: necklace organizer
Seven: JOY letters for Christmas
 
 
Eight: LOVE letters in the bedroom
 
 
Nine: sequin ornament for Christmas
 
 
Ten: duct tape canvas
Eleven: striped side table
 
 
Twelve: chair cushion makeover
 
12 of my favorite outfits from 2012! 
 
One: Leopard and Coral
Two: Sequins and Boots
Three: Polka Dots and Red Patent Leather
Four: Riding Boots and a Pretty Blouse
Five: $7 Dress
Six: My Favorite Cream Blouse
Seven: Girls Night Out
 
 
Eight: Jean Shirt, Black Skinnies, and Some Riding Boots
 
 
Nine: Flannel
 
 
Ten: A Fiesty Outfit for $50
Eleven: My Wedding Dress
Twelve: My ALL TIME Favorite Outift of 2012
 
 
I have linked almost everything numbered one through tewlve justtt in case you wanted to dig a little deeper into this post! I've got your back, no worries! The words that are linked are in light grey...it is kinda hard to tell.
 
So what are your faves for 2012?? I know I am three days late getting this out, but a girl was on vacation, can she get a little slack?!
 
Happy 2013, errbody!
 
 
Photobucket









 























 

13 comments:

  1. Such a FABULOUS year you had! Congrats on a beautiful wedding. WOuld love to have you come ink up at my 2012 year in review party :)

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this post!! I really enjoyed looking at all your pics and I seriously clicked all the links you had for your outfits ;) Your bedroom makes mine look like crap ;) lol! I guess that is more motivation to do more with mine! Hope all is well and you have a great New Year!! I am so glad we were able to meet and become "blogger friends"!

    xoxo,
    Shio :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Sarah! We have to meet up one time I am up in Dallas!! I think we would have a blast! I love everything about your 12's and am going to copy some of your DIYs and outfits for sure! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing 12 months for you, Sarah! wonderful photos from a wonderful year.
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post! Such a great year- wishing you a wonderful 2013! xo

    Life as a Wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! It was a wonderful year, and here's to hoping 2013 is just as great!

      Delete
  6. I want you bedroom!!! I want to make that headboard! I want that LOVE sign and that side table!! What an amazing year, sister friend!!! You are one pretty, fashionable, crafty lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this post was so fun to read!!!! Also, it seriously made me want to get my bum-in-gear with our house! Your house is darling! And I agree with you- it's so funny to realize that your husband actually has opinions about the house and decor. My hubs definitely has some interesting opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a first time visitor to your blog, so I love getting the top 12 introduction to what you were up to last year ;) Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, and welcome!

      So happy you stopped by!

      Delete
  9. I'm pretty much obsessed with this post. All your DIY hooked me!

    ReplyDelete