Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WIWW: Girl's Night Out


Based on yesterday's post of five random things, here are some conclusions that I have come to.

First, I am more normal than I thought when it comes to having to douse my lips in chap stick before I drift off to sleep. Seriously. Almost every comment and email I received was someone saying that they, too, have to have their smackers properly coated before sleep can happen. Whewww...glad I got that one out of the way.

And second, I am not the only crazy who has claustrophobia issues. Glad to know that I will not be admitted anytime soon. Thanks, ladies, for making me feel more "normal."

Now back to the grind, as in my normal WIWW post. The first portion of this post threw me off, but it was necessary that I relay the message that I am not cray-cray. Emphasis on not.

This past weekend me and the girls, specifically Desirae and Amanda, headed out for a girls night. Destination: Taverna. Oh my Italian heaven. Taverna is in the Uptown part of Dallas so I knew that whipping out my nude platform pumps was necessary. Key word, necessary. Hey people, I won't be able to wear 6 inch heels forever! Heck, after I die run the Jogger Egg Nogger I may never be able to walk again! Chris calls them my (rhymes with "booker") heels. I just tell him, as Adrienne Maloof said in a recent episode of RHOBH, "the higher the heel, the closer to heaven." Amen sista, amen.

I wanted to wear my nice new black jeans, but after looking for them for thirty minutes (and shouting in my head numerous words that are not blog appropriate) I remembered they were at the tailor getting hemmed. I promise I am not a natural blonde. Promise.










Remember these jeans?? The $12 ones? Best $12 ever spent. I decided to play around with some editing...I reallyyyyy want snow. Hence the snowflakes :)

Oh and did you notice our mantel?? You can get all the deets on our first mantel right over hee-uhhh.

For the budget breaky:
- Jeans from Marshalls: $12
- Blouse from F21: $19.80
- Steve Madden Nude Pumps: $25 on sale
- Necklaces: $15 total
- Grand Total: $71.80. Pretty darn good if ya ask me!

Bee-tee-dubb ("by the way," btw..) I have got tons of emails asking about my hair. Yes, all of it is mine. No extension up in this hiz-house. Yes, that is my natural hair color. Thanks for that, Dad! As for the curling...I use a $15 curling iron Chris bought me (I was standing right there and picked it out, but he really wanted to "treat" me. He is so freakin' sweet!!) at Wal-Mart. I believe it is a 1.5". I used to use my straightener to curl my hair but now I have totally converted to the curling iron. My hair is naturally curly (you know the curly kinda that is whack? as in some strands are super curly while other are limp and wavy?) so I usually leave the under layers - the curliest - as they are and just touch up the top layer. It literally takes me about 5-7 minutes.

Welp, back to the daily grind. Have a great Wednesday, errbody!
Photobucket

PS: If you are visiting from Alisa's blog, hello! And welcome! Please, feel free to click around and stay awhile!

PSS: Linking up with Because Shanna Said So and The Pleated Poppy!

pleated poppy


15 comments:

  1. Love your outfit, of course. And you make me sick with your silky strands. I too have super curly hair with some wavy limp parts- but never does it look as amazing as yours in 5-7 minutes. Give me an hour and I can get decent hair.. You'll have to teach me your ways soon bc ill have two babies that will need my attention, and I'm afraid my hair will fall to the back burner. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantel is gorgeous! I love all the bright pops of color from the bulbs! Also your fireplace is FANTASTIC. That stone/brickwork is impressive.

    Tara

    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! Just have to say that!
    But you are not odd for the chapstick! My lips stay chapped right now and if I don't coat them before bed I wake up and they are way worse!
    ps. I nominated you for a liebster award! :-)
    http://thembdiaries.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could wear shoes like that.. For $25 thats amazing! I'm 5' 9" and would feel like a giant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit!! You look great! I can't believe you got the jeans for $12 - that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this! and your hair is perfection!!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute outfit! And girl, whenever I get a chance to wear them "booker" heels...I do. Because life is too short not to be able to wear super cute heels. ;) I kind of have a collection going. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, you are just gorgeous...simply stated...your hair, I would kill for it...I bet you ladies turned some serious heads that night! ;) And I am CRAZY claustrophobic!!! It makes me panic just thinking about it. Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so cute and pretty!! Love this outfit!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how classy you look in this outfit! Your JOY letters are so pretty--what are they made out of?
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair is gorgeous!! The color and the shine, love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Newest follower through the Followers to Friends blog hop! You are so dang pretty and your hair has got to be the most perfect hair outside of Kate Middleton's. Can't wait to get to know you better! Email me at BrightandBeautifulBlog@gmail.com... I have a proposition for you!! Stop on by.

    Love,
    Kaylee
    kayleehornsby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog through Sweet Pea Sylvie's blog hop, i'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this outfit looks adorable on you! i love the blouse and the nude heels ..i've been looking for a solid pair of nude pumps for awhile now..but i guess not hard enough :) - glad i found your blog through the friends to followers hop and excited to be your newest follower (maybe stalker is a more accurate word)!
    love,
    elisabeth

    p.s. i'd love for you to drop by lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com and say hi when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ps. you and your husband look gorgeous together in your side picture

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover