Weekend Wrap: I went to Colorado, again!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Y'all are probably sick of me writing about skiing in Colorado. But since this blog is about my life, and lately skiing in Colorado is what has been consuming my life, that is what I shall write about. 

I hope to tackle some DIY projects (and laundry, and cleaning, and laying around) this weekend which would mean that next Monday's post won't involve snow, skiing, or Colorado! Woo hoo!  

Just your normal day with a high of 13 degrees. This was the "warm" day.
This picture is gorgeous. The 25mph winds and zero, zip, zilch visibility while skiing...not so gorgeous.
There is a mountain back there....but the blizzard conditions prevent you from seeing it. No, it didn't prevent me from skiing, but let's just say it wasn't a "fun" day of skiing.
This picture was taken at the end of the day. I was turning in my skis for the day. Why? Hmmm maybe because I couldn't see the hand in front of my face. Can you say scary?! Skiing is fun. Skiing when you can't see? As far from fun as you can get.
Repeat picture from my last post, but I just love it :) My hubs helped me pick out my owl hat. 
I feel like this caption should read; "Where's Waldo?" 
And as for Saturday...minor winds, but take a freakin' look at that temperature. Holy freezing-ness! The high Saturday...wait for it....1 degree ladies and gents, 1 degree. This Texas girl couldn't handle it. I skied until 2:00pm and quit because I swore my thumbs froze and fell off. I am happy to report my thumbs are still intact, but my wind-burnt cheeks and chapped lips are still with me. There isn't enough Burt's Bees and moisturizer in Texas to tame the redness I'm rockin'. Time heals all wounds. 




I am so happy to be back in the D-F-Dub. Did you see my IG (@sarahtuckerup) pic of our chartered flight? Ballin'.
My kiddos, and husband, were SO excited to see me. This melts a Mom's heart! Wrigley scratching me in the lip with his giant reach...normally would put a damper on this moment, but I was so excited to see them that I took the lip-rip and kept on lovin' on my pups! 

How was your weekend?! Were you skiing? At the beach? 

Going back to work today is going to be tough. Boo. 

Have a great Monday!

Linking up with Join the Gossip and Sami's Shenanigan's!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Aw, you poor thing! Wind burn is THE WORST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 words describe my weekend: morning sickness. Whoever invented the term was obviously a man because it doesn't just happen in the mornings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute your pups missed you! This is how my baby is when I come home, it's the best to know you're missed! :) Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd literally die. It's 54 in LA right now and I just complained my entire walk to Starbucks lol. It's so pretty, but I'll get my fix from your pictures and avoid snow ;)

    Glad you had a great weekend. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete