WIWW: Purple and Polka Dots + Link Up

Wednesday, January 23, 2013




Who doesn't love a little sidewalk picture action? Ummmm, me. I literally stood at our front door, waited until no cars were coming...ran outside with Chris...snapsnapsnapsnapsnapsnap...and ran back inside. Whew.

I am normally never embarrassed. Honestly, not much embarrasses me, but for some reason taking random pictures on the sidewalk is embarrassing to me. I mean I have to see the people that drive by almost everyday. Okay, that is an exaggeration, but I don't want to be "that" couple that is always outside taking pictures...of the wife on a sidewalk. Weird. 

Now for what I am wearing.

Hello? Did anyone notice that adorable polka dotted blazer?! (swoon)

That blazer came home with me a couple days before Christmas. On my "need to get before resolution starts" list was blazers. I am afraid that I may have to meet with clients more this year, or even be assigned to work at the client's office...in which case I would be asked to wear a suit everyday. Blah. Let's pray that doesn't happen, but if it does, I need to be prepared

This was the only polka dotted blazer in site...ON THE SALE RACK! When I picked it up I saw that it was an extra small. I am small, but in some ways I am built like a softball player. I don't think it is a bad thing, being that I played that sport in college, but let's just say I haven't fit in an extra small in yearsss...yada yada...what I am trying to say is that I am normally not an extra small. 

I am still not even convinced I am an extra small, but I fit in the jacket and that's all.that.matters. I mean I can't hug anyone, or pull my arms across my body, or even type at my computer because I am afraid at any given moment the back will split, BUT the important thing is that I am the proud owner of an adorable polka dotted blazed. Plus it was only $12.68 sooo...Winning. 




And now for the normal par-tayyy. You know the drill.

Follow Alisa and I
Link up any outfit post
Use the button or directly link back, please!
Have some fun, ladies!

button
Linking up with Because Shanna Said So, The Pleated Poppy, Get your Pretty On, and Rolled Up Pretty!
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. I am the same as you with photos, I get really embarrassed. The snow has been the perfect opportunity for me to take some outdoor shots as we went up where there is some lovely scenery and took the shots there, it doesn't look so weird when doing it with scenery behind I think (looks like you are taking pictures of the snow rather than your outfit and the snow lol) This is such a lovely outfit, the colour of the top is lovely (it actually just reminded me of a top I have hiding in my wardrobe which is a similar material and colour so thank you for that) I think the blazer looks to fit you perfectly and that's all that matters, who cares if you can't hug or type haha.

    Thanks for hosting the link up, I have linked up and put the badge in my post :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that blazer - I'm in love! And I love it paired with the purple! And I get so embarrassed having my pictures taken, too. I'm so used to being behind the camera that I feel self conscious when I'm in front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally saw that blazer and skipped on it! I really wish I wouldn't have because I love it on you! And for 12 bucks, that's pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i sooo hate posing for pics- anywhere- so awkward!! haah but ya look cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit!!! & who care if you can't move... as long as you look good, right!? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny - running from the cars - great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I love that polka dot blazer. And I totally hate it when I'm out in front of the house strutting down the street and the neighbors drive by really slowly. Or worse yet, walk their dogs by. UGH! The worst. Fashion blogger problems. :)

    You look adorable and your hair is SO pretty and shiny. Thanks for linking up today!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont see such cute things at my Target! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely hit or miss :)

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  9. ha ha! I feel awkward even if I am alone in the backyard:) You are so adorable! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. Even my own back yard makes me feel weird! Thanks girl :)

      Delete
  10. I am the same way....get sooooooo embarrassed by taking pics of myself!! Love this outfit and total score on this blazer!! Thank goodness you found it before the big freeze!! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the polka dot blazer, and especially paired with the purple and those boots. Looks great!

    And I have yet to venture outfit photos anywhere other than the safety and privaycy of my fenced-in backyard, so kudos to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was definitely a risk, but totally worth it ;)

      Delete
  12. Ha too funny, "awkward photos with the hubby." I actually love your hair in these pictures!! I'm a RAtard at doing ponytails with any type of volume!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the awkward pics :)

      Thank you! I was blessed (?) with a cowlick so my hair doesn't lay flat in the back! I have been rockin' the poof before the poof was cool LOL...all because I had no other option!

      Delete
  13. Polka Dottie Hottie! Love the color blouse you paired it with. It all pulls together beautifully! I am a blazer fanatic and so far, my riskiest print has been black and white striped. But I need to learn to be braver with patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahh You are crakin' me up!! Polka Dottie Hottie! Love it!

      Be brave! I adore this blazer...it was a lucky find!

      Delete
  14. LOVE your look! Those boots are fab, and I really like the purple ruffled top with the polka dot jacket. I have been known to also buy things that aren't exactly the right size when they are an awesome deal. You do what you gotta do right? lol!
    Tiffany
    www.fabulessinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Absolutely...price is what was the deciding factor!

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  15. Love the polka dot blazer! What a find! The purple is a great color on you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. okay, that blazer IS amazing. and it doesn't look too small at all. you crazy.

    ReplyDelete