Weekend Update: I'm still in Boston!

Monday, January 28, 2013


I'm still in Boston! I am headed back to the Lone Star State this afternoon, while Chris gets to continue on to South Carolina for a "conference"...aka bonus vacation! Not fair.

Boston has been nothing short of ah-mazing. Much like our honeymoon, we ate and ate and ate and ate. Sorry if you are from Boston, but the whole time I was here I was comparing it to NYC...my all-time favorite city.

What I gathered was: 
- Boston is cleaner/doesn't smell as bad
- Friendly people are all over Boston....NYC not so much
- Boston is wayyyy smaller
- I still like NYC better, sorry. Not that I don't love Boston, I just really love NYC.

I will have a (few) recap posts later this week, but for now I will leave you with this view from our hotel and a picture of Chris and I when we were "defrosting!" Notice in the picture above, do you see the "Finish Line" across the road? That is the finish line for the Boston Marathon. Pretty cool! 

So sad to be leaving, but we will be back, Bean Town! 

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. So glad you loved my city! I think it is definitely much more "manageable" than NYC per-say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your city was amazing! More manageable and less stinky ;)

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. So glad for a fun trip!! Love!! I have been to neither NYC or Boston. You'll be my go to trip planner when the time finally comes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston is one of my most fave cities every! I try to go every year. My friends live in Revere Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved following along on IG! It looks like yu guys have had such a great time! I have never been to Boston, but it's on my list! There are a handful of my bloggy buds there!! Safe travels back to Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you're having a great time :)

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just went to Boston last November for the first time! I'm still wayyyy more in love with NYC but I couldn't get over how CLEAN it was! Please tell me you grabbed a cannoli from Mike's! Best. Ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a safe trip home! But I will admit, I am going to miss all the yummy, sugary, chocolaty insta posts I enjoyed so much... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got back safely! Tired, but safe! I am going to miss it too, but my waistline isn't! Hahah!

      Delete
  8. We are our own worse critic - you looked great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Boston!! Like you, I thought it was a cleaner, less smelly, smaller NYC. Which, unlike you, made me love it more. (Although I still hate the Red Sox... lol)

    ReplyDelete