WIWW: Anchoring My Resolution

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Did you hear

It is a new year and this sweater is only fitting. I am anchoring my New Year's resolution, "the challenge" if you will. 

Let me start by saying I went no where yesterday when I wore put this outfit on for 10 minutes to take pictures. I stayed in my PJ's all day long...and it was wonderful. When it came time to choose an outfit for my WIWW post I wanted it to be symbolic. 

Honestly I don't have many articles of clothing with "symbolic" phrases, or pictures on them, but this anchor hit the spot. This anchor represents the fact that I am anchored to my challenge, I ain't goin' no where. 

Also, those specs I am sportin'...you can read all about them {here}.








It was freezing. And my husband was making me laugh. And that resulted in some funny-faced and not-so-clear pictures. 

Can I point something out? Why do I have a "winky-eye" in most of my pictures?!? When I first met Chris I would give him a hard time because him and his sister inherited the "winky-eye" from his dad. Every time they get to laughing really hard, or smile really big, one of their eyes is "winky." 

I AM TRULY TRANSFORMING INTO A TUCKER! 

I officially have a winky eye. My left eye got the shaft and is now the designated "winky eye." I guess it is true...you grow more like your spouse as time goes on. I guess after 6.5 months you inherit the facial gesture you made fun of years before you knew you would marry that person. Oops! 

I sure hope our kid inherits a winky...a baby and a winky, adorable!  

Chris's dad, in the green shirt, has a slight left-eye-winky in this picture...


And Chris has a definite left-eye-winky in this picture...


Moving on from the winky-talk, let's get to where I bought these pieces!

Anchor Sweater: Forever 21 // Tank: Nordstrom // Jeans: Banana Republic // Shoes: ALDO
Happy Wednesday y'all!!

Now it is time to have a party!

Please follow the rules. It is just some good ol' common courtesy :)

Here are the rules: 

  1. Follow Me and Alisa Via GFC
  2. Like Alison from Get Your Pretty On via Facebook
  3. Link up ANY Outfit post {please link directly to your post, not homepage}
  4. Link back to our blogs or use the button below
Have fun, and go make some friends!

button
Linking up with Because Shanna Said So and The Pleated Poppy!
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Super cute outfit!! Love it. Annnnddd I'm afraid glasses are in my future. The vision change with pregnancy has not made the switch back:( but, yours look great! So I'm halfway excited about this.

    And.. One more thing: I am so so proud of you:)

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable!! And congrats and good luck to you on your 'challenge'! I am so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah...those glasses look DARLING on you! Sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this sweater. I have been looking for a cute red sweater. Fun to find you from BSSS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wonky eye;) and that sweater just rocks!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that dang wonky eye ;) Thanks girl! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  6. I love your cute anchor sweater and your cute winky eye haha!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! The good ole winker never disappoints ;)

      Delete
  7. Love your Anchor sweater, I need to go to F21 soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that sweater!!! You look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really look like you were having fun with the pictures! My husband is always sticking his tongue out in pictures--I hope I don't catch that from him! :P (heehee)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anchors always get me! What a gorgeous sweater.

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the anchor sweater & your winky eye! :) That is too funny!
    I got some of those Firmoo specs too...now I need to figure out how to style them!
    I will admit to wear lounge clothes ALL day yesterday too!! Wasn't it nice?
    Happy New Year friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are darling! I love the sweater so much! I want one!!!

    -Aubree
    lookfeelbebest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweets! GO get one, you won't regret it!

      Delete
  13. YOU LOOK SO CUTE!
    I Love everything about this outfit and you rock it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well the ten minutes you were in the outfit was worth it- love the look! (and I am slightly obsessed with your glasses too!!). Stopping by from WIWW! Looking forward to following :)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are too stinkin' cute!!! OMG!! You always look like you are having so much fun!! I love that sweater. I am on a mission to find it. And I totally have the winky-eye...always have. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sport the winky eye too! My hubby loves it and it always makes him laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your glasses! (I know that was totally random) ;)

    ReplyDelete