Using no sew tape with a hair straightener

Friday, April 25, 2014

A lot of you were very intrigued with me mentioning that I used no-sew hem tape on my linen pants...and I did it with my hair straightener. Actually, I always use my hair straightener when I use no-sew tape!
This is how the story goes:
One day I was running late for church (duh, the one day a week everyone runs late!) because my linen pants were just too long. At 5'3" they were dragging even with really high wedges. So what is a girl to do?! Since I already had my hair straightener heated, I decided to go grab my no-sew hem tape and just give my pants a quick hem. Five years and multiple washes later and the hem is still as good as it was the first day!
Here are three ways I used no-sew tape and my hair straightener:
1. Obviously to hem pants...
2. Curtains in our new guest bedroom...(DIY post and story coming...eventually)

See the abandoned iron?? I haven't used that thing in YEARS!
3. Curtains for my classroom...



So, have you ever used your hair straightener to hem something?! Ever used no-sew hem tape? It is the best!

Happy Friday!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I actually have used that tape on Drew's swim shorts before! I am NOT a fan of long shorts/swim trunks on boys, especially when they are this young. They look grungy and I like the 'at knee' cuter look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used no sew tape, but I think I might to try it out! So awesome that you can use it with your straightener...because my iron hasn't been touched in years either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurin Luanches Heat Adjustable Iron Hair Straightener on amazon in the USA at $20.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a complete ceramic board is a way to go. If you need something that can last a long time, make sure you don’t use ceramic-coated iron when you look at it. Ceramic coatings mean poor quality, and they also don’t have the heat you need. Remember that hotspots are not your friends! https://www.hairstylingtools.net/how-to-choose-hair-straighteners/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is an i nformative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    best ceramic hair straightener

    ReplyDelete
  6. CRYPTO RECOVERY IS VERY POSSIBLE, AM A LIVING TESTIMONY

    I read so many stories about bitcoin loss to scams. I will like to start by saying the agencies responsible for bitcoin security has really done nothing to help locate stolen or lost coins. In my situation my MacBook was hacked by someone that had access to my emails, i immediately contacted blockchain and they only wasted my time, after which i worked towards getting help else where, i was referred to consult a bitcoin expert who helped track and retrieved my 3.3 btc, for an agreed fee. I was more than grateful and willing to pay more after the job was done. Thankful i didnt fall victim and would like to recommend ( MORRIS GRAY 830 @ G maiL . COM )..

    ReplyDelete