A colorful and exciting weekend!

Thursday, April 10, 2014


1. Tomorrow Chris and I, along with Jordan and Amber, are running the Color Run in Dallas. Time to get colorful!

2. Tomorrow night we are hosting a slew of people at our house for a housewarming/Chris's birthday celebration. This week has been crazy with preparing to feed 20+ people, dealing with my cherubs, and still trying to unpack and organize our house. I can't wait for the day that I just get to lay in bed all day...

3. I ordered General Finishes Java Gel Stain. Has anyone used it? There are a ton of great reviews and YouTube videos, so we are going to take a stab at staining our kitchen cabinets! (I am first going to do a trial on the bathroom cabinets!)

4. Chris and I booked a trip to West Point and NYC for November. We are going to the Army vs. Navy football game then spending a day in the city. A family friend goes to college at West Point, so there is a group of us going. I am already so excited to be visiting my favorite city in the world!

5. Happy early birthday to the love of my life! April 13th is now my favorite day of the year because you were brought into this world! Okay, I lied...I still like Christmas better, but you get my point! May this weekend be full of food, fun, and friends...all in honor of your birth! I love you!

Linking up with Lauren

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Have fun in the Color Run - I'd love to do that this year but its just not happening this spring. They supposedly have another in the fall so I might aim for that. Can't wait to see how colorful you get :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlfriend! I was thinking about you yesterday, have you enjoyed not having to work tax season this year?? ;) NYC in November is absolutely gorgeous, you're going to have a great time, just dress warm! It was below freezing and very windy when we went! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for house warming party! Wish I was there to be one of those slew of people ;) Have fun at the color run! I've been wanting to do one here, but we typically just stick to the mud run..why? I have no idea lol. NYC in November?? Fun!! But what about Cali in June...? Hmmmmmm??? ;) Loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a color run last year and they are sooo much fun!! It was before I had the blog but I should do a throwback and post some of the picture!! You guys are going to have SO much fun! And NYC in November?!!! Hello I work and live there! If you need any recommendations feel free to ask!! I love this city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Chris! Hope y'all have a great weekend!! I dream of the days I can wake up & have nothing that I HAVE to do! I'll keep dreaming though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy early birthday, Chris!! You guys have so much fun this weekend....take lots of pics and post on Monday, okay? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous y'all are running in the Color Run! So fun!!! I purchased a video on how to stain my cabinets but I haven't attempted it yet. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete