Thursday, December 6, 2012

a feisty outfit for 50 bucks

I might have a slight obsession when it comes to leopard print. What can I say? It is classic, neutral, and adds that sassy side to any blah outfit. Can I get an Amen?

When Alisa asked me to create an outfit for under $50 my mind started racing with ideas. I think I burned more calories brainstorming ideas for this outfit than going to the gym. Yes, I love fashion that much. What did I turn to for inspiration? Why, Pinterest of course!

I know you have seen this fab picture roaming the streets, ehhhh pages, of Pinterest. Well she made the cut to be on my board and thanks to her, I created the purrrrfect outfit! Here is my inspiration pic.

via
Isn't her outfit adorbs?! Now the challenge was to find pieces in my closet that don't exceed $50. I would be lying if I said it wasn't tough. I may have had to use my accountant skills (did I mention that is my day job?) in calculating which cardi fit into the equation, literally.

At last, here is the final product:




Pants from Target $20.00 {here} // Shoes from market days $10.00 // Cardigan from Target (on sale) $7.68 // Leopard shirt from TJ Maxx $9.99

Total for outfit: $47.67!!

Excuse the excessive pictures. This is what you get when you ask an engineer to be a photog.

So, ladies and gents. There ya have it. For less than fifty smackaroos you can create the perfect outfit out of items found in your own closet! With a little number crunchin' and cardi-swappin' you can create the perfect outfit on a budget!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. SHUT UP!
    You are too stinkin' cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really, REALLY cute! Well done friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I'm getting on the leopard print bandwagon little by little this year. - You're right, it adds a fun spot of pizazz to any outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed it. Thank goodness for Pinterest! Anything with leopard gets my vote!! Your pictures made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover