Thanks to Sarah AND Tiffany AND Jasmine I have been nominated for my second, third, and fourth Liebster Award! Thanks Sarah, Tiffany, and Jasmine! Y'all are the best!
I was nominated for this award back in this post, but things got busy and I failed to follow up (permission to yell at me now)! I promise to do a better job this time!!
It is so sweet of these ladies to think to nominate me and my little blog. I started this up as a rambling of my life for my family to read and it has turned into a hobby of mine. I love it! Thanks to all the people who leave me comments and sweet emails. Y'all are the best!
Now onto the questions!
Here are the rules for this award:
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
If you receive the award, there are a few rules to follow...
1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked
3)Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post
5)Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6) No tag backs!
Since I was nominated tri-times (tres-times? three times.) within three days I am breaking the rules (I know, yell at me again!) and only telling 11, not 33, things about myself. If you reallyyy want to know more, just click around :) But, I will answer all 33 questions. 11 from Sarah and 11 from Tiffany and 11 from Jasmine!
Let's get this party started!
11 things about me:
1. My favorite color is red. Pink was never my favorite color. I wouldn't consider myself a pink girl.
2. I used to have almost blond hair. The highlights got a little out of hand, okay.
3. I always wanted to go to cosmetology school. Instead I got an accounting degree. #losing
4. I am horrible at running distance. I hope my race this weekend proves differently.
5. I have a really great memory. Like freakishly good. I remember everything.
6. I am not a night person. at. all. When this chick is tired, find her a bed!
7. I have never seen The Notebook (gaspp!!).
8. I played softball in college, but I really miss basketball the most.
9. My birthday is a week before Valentine's and I hate it. I always get combined Valentine's and birthday presents which totally screws me out of a one really good present!
10. I was born in sunny, southern Cali, but moved to the-middle-of-nowhere Texas when I was five.
11. I never had inside animals until I met Chris. Now, it breaks my heart to leave them outside for an hour. Even though they stay outside all day while we are at work and they survive just fine...
Sarah's 11 Questions:
1. What do you hope your life will look like in 10 years?
I hope that Chris is still loving his job as much as he does now. I hope that we have a couple, two, three, by a random act four, happy and healthy kiddos running around and I am able to be a stay at home mom. I have always wanted to be a mom more than anything.
2. What is your favorite movie?
Ok, I get made fun of all the time for my taste in movies. I like chick-flicks people. I like to know what the ending is. I like when people fall in love. I don't like fake worlds blowing up, or animals crawling out of people's bodies. With that being said, I could watch Something Borrowed 100 times in a row. I also love that book :)
3. If you were stranded on an island, what 3 items would you bring?
Chapstick so that I don't go insane. A knife to cut things. I don't know what things, but I assume a knife would be helpful. And a toothbrush because when I would get saved I don't need to scare my rescuer away with my stank-morning breath.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Blogging and decorating our house. Shopping ranks up there, but I have to be in the mood for that.
5. If you could meet any person (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
I would love to meet Hilary Duff. I don't know why, but I feel like we would get along pretty well. Or Julianne Hough...she would be a close second. And Giuliana!
6. Where is your favorite place to shop for you and/or your little one?
Nordstrom, Forever 21, Ross, and TJ Maxx. All price ranges and all places I have scored big time in the outfit department.
7. Do you make anything? If so, tell us about it.
Yes, I make my husband go crazy sometimes :)
I make dinner. I make crafts. I make people laugh. As far as a consistent making of one item, no.
8. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My parents. My Mom is so fun and outgoing. She inspires me to never-ever sweat the small stuff because life is too short to worry about the little things. And my Dad keeps me grounded and brings me back down to reality. My parents inspire me to be a great parent and spouse. They have shown me love my whole life and I am so happy to share that with Chris.
|My Mom sending Chris and I off after our wedding. She is super emotional, and I am too! Ha!|
9. If you could meet any blogger, which blog would you choose?
Well I technically "met" John and Sherry Petersik from Young House Love, but I really want to "meet" them. Like hangout with them!
10. What is the chore you wish you never had to do?
Laundry. OMG it never ends. I hate it. Absolutely hate it. I wish they had disposable clothes.
11. What is your favorite meal to make?
I love cooking so this is hard. I would have to say my Mom's meatloaf, or spaghetti and meatballs because that is a guarantee that Chris will cook with me :)
Now Tiffany's 11 questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in order to keep people up-to-date on my life. We had just gotten married and bought a house and we were getting calls daily asking how things were, and how was the house, and married life. I decided to start documenting it...and the calls have slowed down :)
2. What is your one thing that you do in life that is just for you?
Blog. Yup, I think that is it. And I love it like that. I adore that everything in my life I keep Chris in mind. I did go to a women's bible study that was just for me, but was no longer able to attend that (no I did not get kicked out of bible study!).
3.What is your all time favorite color?
Red. It is just so classic.
4. How many kids do you want?
Four! Four! Four! No less than three. I loveee kids and cannot wait to be a mom. But just as important as it is for me to have kids one day, I also want to enjoy being married for a couple of years...then we will reevaluate. Chris tells people we are waiting ten years, ha! He must have lost his mind!
5. If you have children, how did you come up with their names? If you don't have any but want some, do you have names in mind?
Chris and I talk about this all the time and I dread picking. I don't know if he does it to just push my buttons or because he really doesn't like the name, but every. single. time I suggest a name Chris does a motion as though he is about to puke (as in he hates the name I suggested). Hot, I know. It makes me giggle every time, so I am not sure if he hates the name, or just likes seeing me giggle. I think we should wait until we are "with-child" to seriously discuss names. I do know that we will probably decide on a name privately and then announce to everyone what our child shall be called. I don't want to hear other people's thoughts on my child's name. Call me crazy, but I don't want to name my child something knowing that someone close to me hates it.
6. What would you say is the one meal you have perfected over the years?
My Mom's meatloaf. And cereal. I pour a mean bowl of Chex.
7. How did you meet your husband?
College. He played baseball and I played softball so we rolled with the same crowd. He basically wanted me right away, but I made him work :)
8. What is your favorite night time tv show?
Anything reality TV, except Jersey Shore.
9. How did you come up with your blog name?
I wanted to incorporate Tucker somehow and I just kept thinking and thinking. The one day Chris told me to "pucker up" and I was like, "that is it!" Therefore Tucker Up was born. Everything in our lives is looking up, so it was fitting.
10. Where is your all time favorite place to shop?
Nordstrom with an unlimited-limited budget. Forever 21 if I am on a budget.
11. What is your favorite food?
Ice Cream!! Coffee ice cream to be exact. Unless we are at Marble Slab, then I opt for Birthday Cake with yellow cake mix-in's! Yum! As for "real food" I'd say my aunt's pasta shells, but I love chicken strips. Call me a kid, but those hings are fantastic! By the way, I dispise grilled chicken. Blah!
And lastly, Jasmine's 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite Holiday Drink?
Hot chocolate, or the holiday drink from Starbucks! Mmmmm! And I never get the "skinny" version because it is never near as good. Holiday calories don't count, remember?
2. What is your must have Beauty Product?
Mascara. The cheap Maybelline kind. I have had really expensive mascara, but I still love the Maybelline kind (in the bright yellow tube) the best!
3. What's on your nails and fingers right now?
The same self-mani that I showed y'all on instagram (@sarahtuckerup) last week. Dark blue polish, with shimmer polish on my ring fingers. It needs to be redone, badly. My wedding rings are on my left ring fingers and my favorite James Avery "smokey quartz" ring is on my left ring finger! (Thanks Amelia, for the ring! I still love it!)
4. What is your all-time favorite meal?
My aunt's pasta shells. She makes everyone in our family a birthday dinner and I choose these every year for mine. My brother always chooses steak, boring.
5. What is your favorite show?
Anything reality. Seriously. But not Jersey Shore.
6. What do you blog about the most?
I think I have a good mix of fashion and DIY or house projects. Oh, and food. I love food!
7. If you could go any where, where and with whom?
Italy with my husband. We just want to eat a lot of pasta. Like a lot of pasta.
8. What do you do for a living and did you always think thats what you would be doing when you grew up?
I am a tax accountant. I NEVER EVER would have imagined me doing this. And I don't love it, so I don't foresee it being my life long career. Here is the story on how I chose this degree.
I ALWAYS wanted to be a doctor growing up. Not any doctor, I wanted to be a neonatologist - ya know? the doctor that take cares of babies in the NICU? Anyways, I LOVE kids, absolutely love them so I always thought that is what I would do. Then, randomly in high school I started to hate science and the thought of having to tell a parent they lost their child, or they were sick brought me to tears, instantly. I was seriously so bummed because that was what I wanted to do, forever. When it came time to apply for college, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I chose accounting because it was "a" on the list of majors. Great method, right? I just picked it, randomly. Everyone said I would change majors and blah blah blah. Fast forward three years and I graduated with a degree in accounting. I had no idea how much this career does NOT fit my personality. Oh well. I am getting my master's degree in business because I think that will help me translate out of the accounting field, but for now I am happy and blessed that I have a job, and I work with wonderful people.
Long story short. No I never thought I would be an accountant. I didn't even know what a balance sheet or income statement was. Cheers to learning!
9. Sweet or Savory?
Savory all the way!
10. If you could be a cupcake flavor what would you be called?
I would be a fruity flavor, probably strawberry because that is my favorite. I would be called Sarah Strawberry :) Super original, be jealous!
11. What is your guilty pleasure?
Ice cream and reality TV. I could stay up all night watching reruns of the Bachelor, Real Housewives, and Giuliana and Bill. Anyone else?!?
Whew, that was a whole lotta information about me. Sorry to bore y'all to death.
Here are my questions for my nominee's:
1. What is your dream car?
2. What is your favorite vacation spot that you have been?
3. Was your wedding big or small? Do you want a big or small wedding if you aren't married?
4. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
5. If you had to choose between a trip to the moon or a trip to the ocean floor, which would you choose?
6. What is the most sentimental item you have ever been given?
7. What is your dream job?
8. What is your favorite color combo?
9. What is your proudest moment? Wedding? Promotion?
10. Why did you start a blog?
11. What is your ideal date night?
And the nominee's are:
1. Tiffany @ Keeping Up with Tiffany
2. Maddie @ A Tinge of Whimsy
3. Kallee @ Kallee Mae
4. Shio @ Sweetness a boos
5. Rachel @ Floral and Fudge
6. Teressa @ Newborn Mama
7. Jamie @ Forever 81
8. Elenie @ The Counts
9. Marie @ Diamonds, Louboutins and Baby
10. Kendahl @ Exploring All Avenues
11. Heather @ High Heels and Scuffed Sneakers
Thanks again to those girlies who nominated me! Now go check out these other awesome blogs!
Can't wait to read everyone's answer!
Have a great day :)