WIWW: Spikes + Randomness + Link Up

Wednesday, February 13, 2013


I love this outfit. What I don't love is the lack of good pictures produced from this "photoshoot." The hubs was definitely distracted by the four-legged-furballs playing in the backyard. I don't blame him, they are adorable.

Thanks to my resolution I am forcing myself to wear ALL my clothes. This shirt has not seen the light of day in yearsss....and after wearing it, I am not sure why I have kept it hidden for so long! 

I adore this necklace. Chris thinks it is too "edgy," but what does he know about fashion?! I think he is scared one of those spikes might become a weapon if he doesn't act right. TOTALLY kidding. We are happily married and I have no intentions of stabbing my husband with my spikey necklace :) 


I had to resort to a couple of selfie pics. The best pictures in this post don't show my face. Sometimes you have to give the grin a rest, ya know?



My face is a blurrr....


Of course Wrigley, aka camera hog dog, had to strike a pose. Momma's boy. 

Here are my random thoughts for this lovely Wednesday:

- I started working out again. After today's workout I may never be able to walk again. I have been working out with two of my best guy friends in my office and I.am.feeling.it. Wowzaaa. If I don't have a post up tomorrow that means I sat on the toilet and couldn't get back up...so come rescue me. 

- Being on wifecation is so relaxing. Don't get me wrong, I love and adore my husband, but being able to watch my trash television uninterrupted is almost like heaven on earth. 

- I am still loving the fact that we had a cleaning lady come clean our house. We have honestly been too busy to even mess it up. Lately, I walk in the door, shower, grab my computer, work on homework in bed, go to sleep, repeat. How can you mess up a house when you are literally there only for the purpose of sleeping?

- The other day Chris and I talked about getting another dog. I think we may have slight baby fever and we know that is not happenin' right now, so we are trying to cure it with a dog. No, we are not getting a new dog. I would hate to mess up the dynamic the Wrigs and Bays have, plus we have no time to train a new puppy. Plus, our parents (who care for the dogs when we go out of town) would kill us. But, we did discuss it. 

- I am pale and have no plans on changing that anytime soon. Being tan is so much better, but staying out of the tanning cancer-beds is my top priority. I used to tan every spring in order to be brown for summer, but now that I am getting older I realized that wrinkles in my 30's are totally not worth it. Neither is cancer.

- Chris ordered me a book I have been wanting for so long. I can't wait to get it in even though I have no time to read it. I know that new book > graduate school textbooks. Soooo, I have a feeling I will start it, get addicted, finish it in one weekend, then I will be forced to get back to reading my textbooks. Boo.

- My Valentine will be hundreds of miles away from me on Valentine's Day. All I asked for was chocolate covered strawberries...Chris, all I want is chocolate covered strawberries. No flowers, and DEFINITELY NO ROSES, just strawberries. Before he left for his trip he reminded himself that all I wanted was strawberries. He lucked out with a girl who hates roses, and having a birthday six days before Valentine's means I have always got combined V-day/B-day gifts, which makes me hate this holiday even more. Besides, I love him unconditionally every.single.day. Why do I/we have to show it on one random day? 

Now are you ready for a linky party?! You better be!

Follow Alisa and I 
Link up any outfit
Link back with the button or within your post
Meet some friends!

button

Do you like Valentine's? Ever been on wifecation?!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Linking up with Because Shanna Said So, The Pleated Poppy, Rolled Up Pretty, and Get Your Pretty On!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Love the spikey necklace. I sort of like the no face pictures. They're really different and you can see the details of your outfit.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Jewelry Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jeans with the wedges. This is a great outfit. And you're right, your dog is adorable. I love the puppy posing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've linked up and I'm now following you via GFC! I'd love it if you had a chance to stop by my blog! Thanks :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the necklace, love the jeans, love the shoes...all super cute! I'm always a click behind on fashion and was just wondering the other day if I could still cuff my jeans, glad to see you did! I love wearing them like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! Love the outfit :)

    Tiff Ima
    http://stylehonestly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome!

      Thank you! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. You are a doll!! And. I need to borrow those shoes- ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wrigs and Floyd love to bust in on our photo shoots!!
    Love those shoes!

    I am super jealous of your cleaning lady. Can you send her our way?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love those wedges. I mean REALLY! Our cleaning ladies came today too. I would seriously give up going out to eat for the rest of my life to keep my cleaning ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look and the cute spiked jewelry!!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool necklace, it rocks and goes well with your outfit. Thank you for the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't is awesome! I love it!

      So happy you joined in on the fun!

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. Yep..Chris has to just be afraid of the spikes.. cause they are the perfect accessory for that outfit! lol The colors go great together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! Thank you! I love these colors together!

      Delete
  12. Love the necklace! And I think it's a great idea that you're trying to wear every piece in your closet! I could probably take a hint or 2 about doing that with my closet.. too bad I just bought 9 items from the Prabal Gurung for Target line.. haha Found you via the I Feel Pretty linkup
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    {Enter My Giveaway for a Monogram Leather Clutch Here!}

    ReplyDelete