Girl-friend

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hello, and good day to you on this wonderful Thursday! 

Okay, that was incredibly corny, but for realz...I have someone I want y'all to meet. She is sah-weet, sassy, and I am totally smitten with her blog. 

Everyone say hi to Kaylin ("hiiii Kaylin"). Before I ramble on too much, let's just meet her!

___________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys, I'm Kaylin, and I blog over at Stay Blonde, Ski Local.
I found Sarah's blog a little over two weeks ago, and immediately had a girl crush.
And I proceeded to read every.single.blog.post on her entire blog.

She is someone I know I would be friends with in real life.  And if we were friends in 'real life' (as if this blogging life of mine is fake), I would totally raid her closet (that she recently re-organized) for pretty much everything.  That being said here is an outfit I wanted to share with you all.
I wore this dress this summer, here, although I like it better with tights and boots, I think.


Okay, okay back to my post- now that you know I am pretty much obsessed with Sarah, want her wardrobe, and try to be as cute as she is, let me tell you a little bit about myself.

That being said, haven't really decided on a New Year's resolution, and it's Febraury, so I'm a smidge behind, but better late than never. Also I wanted to make a resolution that would challenge me, and improve my life, somehow.

And then all of a sudden, bam, this morning (while in the shower), I had a moment of 'brilliance',
I found my resolution. 
 To simply:
ENJOY THE MOMENT

So much time I spend worrying silly little things. 
But with all the exciting things coming up in my life, 
I'm going to be an Aunt, I am going to be in my best friends wedding, I am going to Brazil, my family is happy and healthy, I love my boyfriend, and I am feeling particularly blessed to have all these positive things in my life.

But with all this, I need to learn to SLOW DOWN,
 and appreciate what is happening in my life NOW.

 

What I really need to do every day, is take a deep breath, and enjoy it for what it is, be it a day at the office, on the slopes, with family, or just hanging out; gain perspective on my life.
I need to see the blessings I have, and the love I have been given.  
And be thankful for the moment.

It's hard to remember sometimes, when life happens, (like back your car into a pole), when you get frustrated, when you have a bad day, when you feel like you can't catch a break. 
LOOK at the BIG picture.

 

I need to enjoy being in my twenties, although sometimes I have woes about growing up, these years don't last forever. I should cherish them.
I need to realize that there are bigger problems in the world than the ones I 'deal with'.
I need to appreciate my health and the health of my family, more than I do, it's a gift.
I need to be thankful for the many people who love me.
 I need to cherish the relationships, and give back to them, as much as they give to me.


I plan on investing my energy and thoughts in the moment.
Living in the NOW.
If I learn (and practice) this more now, it will only get easier with time!!!
And I won't take all my life blessing for granted.

Any other New Years resolutions??
Any advice on my own???
Holler at Me Over here.

Thanks for your support!!!

____________________________________________________

Ummm, don't you want to be besties with Kaylin right now? I do! She loves skiing, fashion, and life. Yes, yes, and yes. Plus, her message is totally inspiring.

Thank you, Kaylin, for coming over and sharing your better-late-than-never resolution! You are ALWAYS welcomed here at Tucker Up!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. this outfit is CUTE CUTE CUTE! totally something i would wanna wear! just wanted you to know that i nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog today! you'll have to see - and maybe play along if you haven't already! you seem to have a quite a little following as it is!!! XO

    ReplyDelete