Saw it. Pinned It. Did it. - Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken

Wednesday, February 20, 2013


I haven't been home in time for dinner since...ummm...busy season started on February 1st. I announced to Chris that until April 15th, I will not - I repeat: I will not - be cooking dinner. 

Does putting something in the crock pot in the morning and having it be ready for dinner count as making dinner? If it does then I am super woman. Tax accountant, graduate student, and a wife that has a hot meal ready when the hubs gets home. Bada-bing-bada-boom!

So maybe I cheated a little bit by "cooking" dinner in a crock pot, but there we no complaints when this delicious meal graced the taste buds on our tongues. Yum, freakin' yum.

I pinned this recipe months ago, years ago, crap I don't know when I pinned it, but I knew that I had to try it.

via
Y'all, for real, it is SO simple.

Here is what you need:

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, cut into cubes
Egg Noodles or Rice, to serve with

**I used 1 can of cream of chicken coup and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup**

Here are the directions from the original source:

Directions: Spray crock pot with non-stick spray (I forgot this step and it was fine). Place the chicken breasts in crock pot, and sprinkle the Italian dressing mix over the tops. Pour the cream of chicken soups over chicken, and then spread the cubes of cream cheese evenly over all. 

Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (I cooked mine for about 5 hours on low. Just check it around 4.5 hours. You don't want your chicken to get too dry). Remove lid and stir mixture together. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. (If the sauce seems too thick, you can thin it out with a little milk)

Serve chicken and sauce over cooked egg noodles or rice. Enjoy!

This recipe is a gem. "Shine bright like a diamond..." as in this recipe is a keeper. And a repeater. And husband approved. And super-busy wife approved.

Now, back to homework and taxes I go!

So happy to be linking up with Stephanie and Katie!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I've actually been looking for new crock pot recipes and this one looks great -- I'll def have to try it! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks so good! & This is the perfect kind of recipe to try in my new crock pot I got this last weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crock pots make any beginner look like a pro!!! Set it and forget it!!! LOVE IT.

    WIll try this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, crockpot totally counts. If the food is hot and doesn't come from a drive through, then that's like 85 points for you there. I made this recipe quite some time ago, but my husband wasn't a big fan. He said it was too "alfredo-y." I liked it, but I'm not making a big meal to please only myself, so I haven't made it since. Boo to that. I'm glad your hubby liked it though! I'll take some too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i literally made this exact recipe from pinterest this week, but to make it lower carb, used cauliflower instead of pasta. i like it, too! eating it for lunch at work as i type this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious! I wish I had that brewing in the crockpot for tonight!! Dang it!! Definitely going to add it to my list of things to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo what time should I catch a flight over for dinner?? Haha.. This looks delicious! Gotta try it. :) And 75% of our dinners come out of the crockpot.

    ReplyDelete