My Thoughts on Girlfriends

Tuesday, July 28, 2015








Girlfriends. Behind Chris, there are no other people in this world that I confide in more than the closest ladies in my life. My parents always told me, "You'll go through life and end up with a handful of truly close, and wonderful friends. You will have lots of friends, but only so many are considered family." They were so right. 

I've cried, laughed, choked on my drink, almost peed my pants, done crazy (crazyyyy!) things, talked all through the night, honestly told my opinion on many outfits and boyfriends, and loved them like my sisters. Some of them I've been friends with since elementary school, while others have come along later in life. 

We can all go days, weeks, months without talking, but always start back up right where we left off. 

I care about the girls in my life so much that I tell them when they have food in their teeth, when they are being a little to over-dramatic, when they smell, look like crap, and are in a bad mood. And they do the same to me. Girlfriend relationships are such a blessing and I am so thankful to have these girls (and others not pictured!) to call mine.

August 1st is National Girlfriends Day which highlights the importance of taking care of your health. We all think we are invincible, immune to sickness, "it will never happen to me", until it does. As a girlfriend to many, it is important that we remind each other to get healthy, stay healthy, and visit the doctor when necessary. 

Below is a road map by Oscar Health Insurance with helpful ages and dates as to when and what checkup is necessary.  They have many services that help women take better control of their health as part of the NY and NJ health insurance plans. I know we all want to be in our 20's forever, but in this case, age ain't nothin' but a number. So find your number and get on it, girl!
Lastly, I wanted to say a prayer for the family of a fellow blogger that I followed for years. I never knew Leslie personally, but her blog was one of my favorites. She went to be with the Lord sometime yesterday. She leaves behind two precious young daughters, a husband, and her adoring family. Please pray for her family during this time.

3 comments:

  1. So sad to hear about Leslie! I can't believe she is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing about Leslie just really hit home and then to read this post made it all the more real that life is just too short. It makes you want to call your girlfriends, friends, and family just to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad about Leslie, many prayers for her family and two girls.

    ReplyDelete