Kansas City Road Trip

Monday, July 6, 2015


Most people wouldn't dream of going on a solo road trip with their father-in-law. but, as we know, I'm not most people. So, last week when my FIL mentioned he was driving up to Kansas City to visit my sister-in-law, Lauren, I asked if he needed a riding buddy.

Now, not only was I blessed with great parents who I love and adore, but Chris's parents are more than I could have hoped for in a set of in-laws. 

Wednesday came around and my FIL and I set out with a trailer in tow and KC as our destination. Lauren is getting married in August, so we were heading up there to move some of her furniture into he fiance's house and help remodel his bathroom.

After nine hours of travel on Wednesday, you can bet we were pooped when we got to Lauren's apartment. 

Thursday we got up bright and early and headed to the house to get started. Lauren and her fiance both had to work, so it was just my FIL working away.

We unloaded the Uhaul and then got to remodeling. The only thing we thought we were doing was tiling the floors, but the whole house sort of got a revamp. This house has been a lived in by college boys for years now, so it needed a girl's touch.

Friday was more work, with the help of Lauren and her fiance. That night we got to attend their couple's shower which was at a family friend's house and decorated so cute!



All in all we ended up re-tiling the bathroom, ripping out the old vanity and counter and replacing it with a new one. Furnishing and decorating the main living room and sun-room. I don't have many before pictures, but just imagine a blank canvas with boy stuff spread throughout.









We bought the wrong size vanity, so this was their "put your happy face on" smile.


This is the best picture I got of the finished product! 





Then before we knew it we were loaded up and headed back to Texas. My next road trip will be down to see my parents and I can't wait!




PS: I arrived home Sunday to find this mow job in the backyard. I think someone missed me :)








6 comments:

  1. Kudos on going on a roadtrip with just your FIL - I can't do it, I just can't. I had the opportunity once but I declined because I knew it wouldn't have turned out as fun. Then I went with my husband and my FIL on a different trip and sure enough just then wasn't as great either and I was happy to have gotten home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so great that you get along so well with you in laws! that's amazing. the bathroom turned out awesome!! i'm always impressed with your handy work! and that lawn job is too freaking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is impressive girl! I love that you did this. And your hubby is too cute....that would have seriously made my day but I'm geeky like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! And you guys got a lot of work done in one weekend. That mow job is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks super fun! I love the bunting for the shower!!

    ReplyDelete