Tuesday, April 7, 2015
10 Things Only Teachers Understand
1. When a kid says they're sick, reading class probably just started.
2. There are always two, or three, sides to every story. Then everyone involved ends up getting in trouble because no one can decide which story was right!
3. If you don't wear any make-up the students always assume you're sick. And they point it out first thing in the morning.
4. The amount of sugar consumed at lunch is equivalent to three sodas, or more.
5. You find half eaten foods stuck to homework and inside books. I found half a peppermint attached to math homework yesterday. Yum.
6. Forging your parent's signature will always lend you to getting in trouble. Especially when you sign the wrong last name for your mom.
7. You may wonder where your child learned a new word, saying, or just became knowledgeable about something you've never spoke about...the answer is: kids at school.
8. When you screen shot a students inappropriate comments on social media and show it to their parents. Ya, they delete that account quicker than they made it.
9. Your kids will wear an outfit and tell you, "This is a Mrs. Tucker outfit." For those wondering, the outfit was jeans, a trendy t-shirt, jean jacket, glasses, and Toms. That'd be my teacher uniform if I had to choose one!
10. As long as the days are, and as much as you lose your voice, want to call in sick, and have more than 20 minutes for lunch, there is no greater joy than being a teacher.