Weekend in the Hill Country

Monday, April 6, 2015

Last week I got word that my granddad wasn't doing too well, so I decided to head to my parent's house for the weekend. Chris and I were going to go down for the weekend on Saturday morning, but I had Friday off of school, so my best friend and I headed south after work on Thursday. Chris had to work Friday, so I just told him to skip out on this trip.

Friday my family and I went into Austin to visit my granddad. He is doing much better and we provided him with gut wrenching laughs, which made us all happy. 

My Mom and I found my brother's stash of free college sunglasses, so we had a photo shoot in the backseat. 



After visiting my granddad we went to eat at The Oasis in Austin. It was delicious and the scenery is something you can't imagine. 

I had a terrible sinus infection that got worse as the day went on, so we headed home after dinner and I was out by 8:30pm.

I slept for 12 hours and awoke the next morning just in time for my Mom and I to head to market days. We love antique shopping! This trip was a hit and I can't wait to show y'all what I got!

After shopping we went to one of my favorite Mexican food places in Wimberley. Here in Dallas, REAL Mexican food is hard to come by, so when I am down in the Hill Country, I eat it for as many meals as possible.


Later Saturday afternoon I took a 2 hour nap (yes, even after sleeping for 12 hours...I really felt like poop) and then headed to watch my brother play in the alumni baseball game.

After the game we went and got more Mexican food and then I went to visit more family.


Sunday, my cousin and I got up early and drove back to Dallas. There was no traffic and we made it back in record time. Thank The Lord!

I still felt pretty bad Sunday, so I took another two hour nap while Chris cleaned and did the laundry. Bless him!

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I could eat Mexican the rest of my life, its sooo good!! So glad you were able to have some enjoyable moments in between feeling not so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to visit your granddad and bring him some laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to visit your granddad and give him some great laughs. Ugh allergies and sinuses are horrible over here too! Sorry you were feeling so poopy and hope you're feeling better today friend. Thank goodness for awesome husbands to help us out when we aren't feeling so great. ;)

    ReplyDelete