DIY || Vintage Ironing Board

Monday, April 20, 2015


Hello! I haven't posted since last Wednesday because school has been so crazy lately. I've been getting home around 7:00pm and by the time I shower and eat, the last thing I want to do is blog. But, I finally took the time to sit down and spill the beans about some of my favorite DIY projects lately and what we were up to this weekend.

Friday night we had an impromptu game night with our friends. They ordered pizza and we stayed up until 11:00pm (rebels!) playing cards. It is such a blessing to be developing friendships with other couples that we know are going to be lifelong friends!

Saturday I slept in (because I stayed up way too late...being a rebel, ha!) and then it was DIY projects and yard work all day. I cleaned and did laundry and then worked on some things in the garage. We had a date night to McAllister's and didn't even bother to change out of our work clothes. 

Sunday we went to church then continued with the housework and projects.

One project I am so excited to share with y'all is this vintage ironing board. I've been wanting one for so long and found the perfect one over Easter weekend when I was visiting my family in the hill country. And the best part...it was only $15.


I wanted it to look a little more distressed, so we scuffed it up with the sander.


A family friend gave us this 'Home Sweet Home' sign back in February. It was red, but I wanted it to be more neutral, so I painted it a light grey and then scuffed it up with sandpaper. 

There was never any intention to put the sign and the ironing board together, but I think it turned out better than Chris or I were expecting! We absolutely love it! 




While down at my parent's I also got this wooden piece that Chris attached a glass vase and some flowers to. He wanted to hang "man stuff" on it (fishing lures), but I told him I would just get him one when we went back to the flea market. Boys.




We are slowly turning this house into a home. Chris is becoming more receptive to my shabby-chic decor and each time we DIY something he ends up loving it and wanting more vintage pieces.

Next up on the project list: decorating the 2nd guest bedroom! We got paint samples and I'm not sold on any of the colors, so this project may take awhile.

Happy Monday!

13 comments:

  1. Love love love how it turned out!!! Perfect for the space!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! We are loving how it turned out!

      Delete
  2. Seriously can't believe you DIY'd that!! It is so adorable--turned out so great!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so surprised at how great it turned out. When I brought it home, Chris was like, "ummm nooo...." and now he loves it!

      Delete
  3. I have a few vintage ironing boards. You may have inspired me to do something with mine now. I certainly paid more than 15$ dollars. What a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I couldn't believe it when the guy said $15!

      Delete
  4. It’s unfortunate how these scammers even try to sleep at night knowing they stole someone hard earned money. I lost $79,000 in USDT due to the guy I met on Telegram group. He claimed to be a broker and has been trading for some time now. Convinced me to invest hoping I will get 35% of my investment in 7days time but I was asked to pay money to be able to withdraw my capital. Even after I paid I wasn’t able to. A friend of mine recommended michealmurphy at repairman dot com who not only recovered my USDT but also reviewed all their info that assisted the Interpol to get them arrested. All thanks to Michael Murphy and his team. Here is his Whatsapp info: +1 925 238 2217.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Contact Wizard Judas Recovery Service if you want to recover your stolen BTC funds or need legal advice on how to proceed. They are the best and most trustworthy crew out there. I saw their reviews and contacted them; I received full reimbursement with minimal documentation. I strongly recommend to anyone looking to reclaim lost earnings while investing in Bitcoin. Contact information.. hackerjudas9@gmail.com or Telegram: JUDAS012

    ReplyDelete