One of the reasons I've been so busy lately is because I have been helping orchestrate the proposal of my sister in law and her boyfriend!
Two weeks ago Jack flew down from Kansas City to ask the big question to my father in law. Only Chris and I knew he was coming. We went to church with Chris's parents then the plan was for Jack to show up at their house to surprise Lauren's dad and ask him for his daughter's hand in marriage. Surprised he was! Everything went as planned and he gave his blessing.
Ever since then we have all be working ferociously on planning Lauren's dream proposal, along with an engagement party fit for the sweetest girl I know. Jack and Lauren both live in Kansas City, so it was easy for us to plan it all without her being here. Jack is in med school, so Lauren thought he was rounding at the hospital this weekend. Little did she know he was about to ask her the most important question of her life!
We lured Lauren down here from KC by saying it was my birthday (which it was..) and we were all going to take family pictures on Saturday at the Dallas Arboretum, then have a birthday party at mine and Chris's house. We had to think of a way that Lauren would be dressed nice and have her nails done :)
The plan went like this:
- Chris and I got to the arboretum early to meet with Jack and "plant" him in his spot.
- We went back to the front to meet up with the family and told them we had already scoped out some spots where we wanted to take pictures. I told them I wanted to take a couple of just the Tucker family.
- All the Tucker's lined up.
- Then I said, "Now just a girl picture!" Chris's mom, Lauren, and mawmaw were in that picture.
- Then I called out for a Mother/Daughter picture and that was Jack's que to come out from around the bushes.
|hurry, mawmaw, hurry!|
I was shaking with excitement! If you have ever been to the Dallas Arboretum you know that the Crate Myrtle tunnel is NEVER empty. It was seriously a God thing that when we showed up, there was not a soul in sight in the ENTIRE tunnel. And, no one was down at the end where the fountain is located. It was PERFECT!
Here are some pictures from the big day. The fourth one is my absolute favorite. It shows Lauren's genuine reaction and it makes me tear up seeing how happy she looks!
Come back tomorrow to see pictures of the engagement party! Here is a sneak peek: