Floor Renovation || Part 2

Monday, February 2, 2015

Busy. That is the only word that can describe our life right now. It is all good busy, but I am constantly wondering when life will slow down? That's my excuse for being absent here lately.

We hosted a Super Bowl party yesterday and got to show off our new floors. We are still so in love with our choice and I'm happy to finally be able to show them off to y'all!

I stopped by HomeGoods last week and picked up new throw pillows. I hated the ones our couch came with and am happy to be incorporating more blues and greens into the mix. I'm still leaning on the side of changing out out curtains, but Chris still loves them so they stay for now. Also, I don't have time to figure out what I want, so I'm thinking that choice will have to be made this summer.

Another thing we want for the living room: a new coffee table. We hate ours but haven't' found anything we love. The glass top shows everything and the pups always put their noses on under the glass and I'm not getting under there to clean in so...dirty it stays (on the underneath). 

I picked up this rug (actually I picked up two...you'll see where the other one is later this week) at Home Depot for $150. Who knew they had such great rugs at such reasonable prices?! The white picture frames are from Ikea, as well as the entertainment center. We are debating on getting a bigger TV, so until we decide, that wall is left as is. A bigger TV would mean having to get a new console table and that is just not where I want to put our money right now. Of course Chris has other opinions, but happy wife, happy life.









Happy Monday, friends!

14 comments:

  1. i swoon over the color of your couch! and i love the blues! that hardwood floor is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so adorable! I love the white frames and the gallery wall. SO adorable!

    XO, Jaime
    RegallySoled.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new floors look great! I love how you make brown/black blend. My new place has a lot of browns in the floor/kitchen and a lot of my stuff is black so I'm working on making it all flow together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floors look gorg!!! And I love the new throw pillow additions...great colors :) I'm in the process of adding more pillows to our couches as well....there can never be too many couch pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALLLL the heart eyes! Love it, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You did such a great job decorating with the little things all around too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They turned out great! And I love your pictures on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your living room is beautiful! those floors are absolutely amazing. The whole living room is nice. I love the neutrals with the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That couch is a thing of beauty - I love the colours you chose for the pillows. That iron tray on your coffee table is gooorgeous, I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Y'all did an amazing job picking out the floors friend. Although the red wall was cute the room looks huge now! It just all ties in so perfectly. YAY for home remodels. I need to jump on this bandwagon with the floors (we currently have 7 different flooring in our house) but we have slight foundation issues that will be addressed before new floors are allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your living room looks great- so chic and cozy! I've been looking for a new rug- I'll have to check at Home Depot- Thanks!

    Lindsey
    Thrift and Shout

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks beautiful! Love the floors and the cute ladder holding your blankets!

    Kate
    Peaches & Paisleys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your floors are beautiful! Love that color and how it blends so well in your house. Your home is gorgeous!! We have similar tastes and styles. I have espresso floors, and I go back and forth on if that was the right choice for us since we have so much dark furniture. Where did you get your sectional and I love that iron piece over the console table. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete